Bahamian turtle video + underwater pics

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
reefmaster719;211293 said:
Wow Cindy. That's gorgeous!
It's a LOT better than I expected. That said, when the hurricane hit, it dumped a lot of sand all over everything- you can see it all over the coral. And we all know what happens to coral that gets covered in sand. Hopefully it doesn't do too much damage, or gets shifted off by the tides soon.
And the divemaster said that they're authorized to kill lionfish because of the damage they're doing to the reef. That made me a bit sad on a number of levels. Seeing them in the wild they were even more beautiful than in a tank, and they're pretty damn cool in a tank.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yummmmm turtle soup... lol jk

Hate you

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bring me back a lionfish :) I can see it now... Bragging rights for owning a Bahamian lion fish :)

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
reefmaster719;211300 said:
Bring me back a lionfish :) I can see it now... Bragging rights for owning a Bahamian lion fish :)
HA! Not likely. Suitcase is already too fat.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Suzanne Lynn;211303 said:
lionfish are really a big issue there's a page on facebook called death to lionfish. Major invasive species killing off a ton of native wildlife.
I know. Sad on a lot of levels. Beautiful fish, but not when they're overcrowding a reef and unbalancing the situation.

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
wow Cindy, thanks for sharing, amazing vid/pics. love the bluehead wrasse pic, as i have one in my tank.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
daverf;211318 said:
wow Cindy, thanks for sharing, amazing vid/pics. love the bluehead wrasse pic, as i have one in my tank.
Thanks! I rented the cam at the dive shop, and got a 60 sec crash course on how to use it. So the fact that any of these turned out at all is pure luck, really. I took almost 200 pics, narrowed that down to 40 or so that I liked enough to put on FB, and then narrowed it down again to just a few of the best ones for you guys.
That blue headed wrasse was so cool! Definitely colorful.