Balz3352's 'Convinced Her' Basement Sump/Fish Room

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice stand! You may not really need to powder coat if you want to save a little bit of hassle and money. Its nice for sure but looking back I think a well prepped and primed paint job with some high grade appliance paint would hold just as well as powder coating. Although powder coat is really nice!

Don't use RoadRunner they suck. They have lost almost everything I have ever taken there including the stand for my 200g tank and customer service is non existent. They always seem to find my stuff but talk about heart failure when you hear. "Wait when did you bring us this stand? What does it look like? Yeah we don't see anything like that around here are you sure you dropped it off here we don't have you name on file. What kind of stand is it?"

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Walter White;369717 said:
Nice stand! You may not really need to powder coat if you want to save a little bit of hassle and money. Its nice for sure but looking back I think a well prepped and primed paint job with some high grade appliance paint would hold just as well as powder coating. Although powder coat is really nice!

Don't use RoadRunner they suck. They have lost almost everything I have ever taken there including the stand for my 200g tank and customer service is non existent. They always seem to find my stuff but talk about heart failure when you hear. "Wait when did you bring us this stand? What does it look like? Yeah we don't see anything like that around here are you sure you dropped it off here we don't have you name on file. What kind of stand is it?"
Ill look into the appliance paint well see what quotes are from the places I have emails out to. Thanks for the heads up about roadrunner ill avoid them!

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Container reclaimer in Lafayette. Got the modified top. Heard it's worth it. Obviously still need to build a stand just wanted to see about how tall it will be.

halmus;635442 said:
Good progress. Where did you get your drums from? I'm going to be needing something for my water station before too long.
Forgot to quote you

Last edited by a moderator:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
neil82;n540682 said:
Nice floating wall! Does your local building code also require fire blocking?

Excellant work! much better then my framing job

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
halmus;636117 said:
Awesome racks! Where did you pick them up at? I just placed an order for some from Grainger, but you could park a car on those.
Yeah wanted something that could withstand a huge frag tank if I ever go there. Otherwise it is going to hold everything. I think the big ones are rated at like 5000 per shelf or something. Conesco.com. Service is ok there but they had the used pallet racking I needed.