Balz3352's 'Convinced Her' Basement Sump/Fish Room

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice! Looks like you've got some work to do! When you are dry fitting the parts, use a dry erase marker or something to mark where the parts fit together so you can reassemble easily.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
SkyShark;639791 said:
Nice! Looks like you've got some work to do! When you are dry fitting the parts, use a dry erase marker or something to mark where the parts fit together so you can reassemble easily.
That's what I said!

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I think that you're going to regret that much rock once the coral starts growing. I seriously think half that amount. You variably have enough room in the sump for enough rock for filtration if you are worried about that. Remember that the dry rock weighs a lot less than wet rock so the weight rule of thumb is out the door. I thought I had an open scape but not now. Refers to the point of starting over.

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;641675 said:
I think that you're going to regret that much rock once the coral starts growing. I seriously think half that amount. You variably have enough room in the sump for enough rock for filtration if you are worried about that. Remember that the dry rock weighs a lot less than wet rock so the weight rule of thumb is out the door. I thought I had an open scape but not now. Refers to the point of starting over.
Really? Hmm maybe I'll make left side shorter. Not really worried about bacteria filtration space throwing a few blocks of marine pure in the sump

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Balz3352;641678 said:
Really? Hmm maybe I'll make left side shorter. Not really worried about bacteria filtration space throwing a few blocks of marine pure in the sump
Yea, just my opinion of corse but long term yea.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I agree. The island of rock I have at the front of my tank was small until everything grew in.

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
+1 on removing a little rock.

That being said, I really like what you have going on with the right end referencing the first picture. My vote is to keep that.