Balz3352's diy 29 biocube media rack

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I based this design off of intank basket with a few mods of my own. First diy acrylic project (if you don't count my trial frag rack). So here it goes.. Tried to take a bunch of pictures along the way.

The acrylic, got it from and precut how I wanted at plastic care.. Nice people will go there again.

Grove to slide a piece of acrylic in and out to change media.

Sand paper 600 grit

Sanding the edges to make them smooth

How it's going to be glued and set up...

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Taping edges to hold in place

After glue

Next side

Well already messed up... Glued the wrong edge lucky I caught it in time and just pulled apart. Will be a little messed up but not major.

How it's actually supposed to be

Next side before and after... You really can tell that it gest clearer

Realized I need holes for water to go through.. Whoops this should be interesting...

Cut them then dropped the piece so one leg broke oh well it'll still work just dandy.

Fuge basket how it looks so far

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
On to the important one the media basket.

I actually decided to cut the bottoms out first this time.... Cuts aren't very straight but decent considering I'm using a jig saw that is as old if not older than I am

Look at this weld that I decided to bump and ruin right after I took the picture....

Gluing the other side

Look how clear it is!! Those bubbles are from the other side that I ruined after taking the pic. It's cool how it really does look like one piece of acrylic and not 2 that are put together

I'm like 25% on good welds ;)

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Right on RJ great work man!!!!!!!!!!!! If you find you enjoy doing that kind of stuff I have a few prob simple projects I could commission you to do :p

- acclimation box
- vortech sunburst proof box :p

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;323652 said:
Right on RJ great work man!!!!!!!!!!!! If you find you enjoy doing that kind of stuff I have a few prob simple projects I could commission you to do :p

- acclimation box
- vortech sunburst proof box :p
Oh I'm sure you could coax me into doing something for some zoas... We could work it out! Will be a bit before I could dive into something but start drawing something up!