Been bored, so I made some chalice acan domes.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Let me know what you all think of my chalice/acan domes?

I just made my first batch and think I almost have the right sand water cement mix.

Let me know what you all think...

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
their looking good.

did you know that Chalices will not encrust on any thing they have a skeleton but that would work great to make the chalice form a nice dome.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah I was some what aware that they do not in encrust, but figured they would doom up a bit and make them easier to cut.

Plus it would look cool for chalices that are in the sand.

There is a guy that makes these with a frag plug insert in the center so you can easily pop the chalice off the dome to frag it. Just imagine your dome with a insert where a frag plug can sit flush inside the center. These look really good btw.

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
subpotentjoe;133466 said:
There is a guy that makes these with a frag plug insert in the center so you can easily pop the chalice off the dome to frag it. Just imagine your dome with a insert where a frag plug can sit flush inside the center. These look really good btw.
Are you talking about Wicked Demon?

Im talking about a sponsor I saw on reef2reef. He makes reef inserts, chalice domes, dry rock and the like out of fired clay i believe. Does wicked demon make this kind of stuff? if so its cool to be able to get it local.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
michael.lemke;133495 said:
Did you see the price? They are not worth nearly $10. Many of us here can do those!
do it! ...local supplier

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
michael.lemke;133497 said:
Looks like kensura already has...

Here are mine. Made of clay.
i meant the ones with the removable plugs

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
michael.lemke;133497 said:
Looks like kensura already has...

Here are mine. Made of clay.
May I ask what you used?

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I am also making some with removable plugs... I am using porcelain fired to 1950 degrees f. No curing needed. I have plaster molds made that I press the clay into. It pops out after a few minutes. I can make pretty much anything this way. Rock walls, overflow covers, frag racks... Anything.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
michael.lemke;133557 said:
I am also making some with removable plugs... I am using porcelain fired to 1950 degrees f. No curing needed. I have plaster molds made that I press the clay into. It pops out after a few minutes. I can make pretty much anything this way. Rock walls, overflow covers, frag racks... Anything.
you need to become a sponsor ...with your resources you can sell this shstuff all day long

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;133558 said:
you need to become a sponsor ...with your resources you can sell this shstuff all day long
No kidding. And not just here in Colorado you could sell your wares all over.