Been out of the loop- what happened to RC?

SpiderWhistle

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
Old school Reefcentral regular here, just starting to get caught up after being out of the game for the last 5 years. Naturally the first place I went was RC, I was surprised to see it's a ghost town. I believe I've found a new hangout, just out of curiosity though, what happened there?

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
they banned everyone that spoke of anything related to their monitoring of private messages and everything else that should have been private or public about other public and private websites...

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I got kicked off because I argued with DC. She was claiming Canon 60mm macro lenses have nothing to do with fish/aquariums, as I had one listed for sale there at one point. I asked her if she was a full time PMSer, and that got me black balled :)

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Been out of the loop- what happened to RC?

I got points deducted for telling someone to Google what an MP40 looked like, lol.

There's occasional activity over there, worth a quick glance every once in a while.

SpiderWhistle

LMAO great responses, I don't blame you guys! I'm glad to have found a more relaxed place to get my reef on. :D
It's great to see all the activity here too, seems like I remember RC thinning out ever before I left.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Welcome to MASC

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
RC WHO!?! Got kick off for standing up for a fellow reefer when BeerGuy got his panties in a wad!

SpiderWhistle

Oh yeah, guess I should update the profile- I'm in Edgewater. I was browsing RC and saw someone post a link for this place, figured that must be where everyone was!

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
i'm glad to know this! i was always afraid to ask. sheesh, what a bunch o meanies. should we send the mods there a vial of ich for the site anniversary or would htat be bioterrorism

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I use RC for Chemisry and Neptune Apex reading. I've never had a problem with them but I don't post much.

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't post very often on RC, but some of their tank builds are truly inspiring.

HondaHound

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was trying to buy some used mh ballasts when I first started out. When the guy got flakey I called him out on it and got the boot. I love the people here on masc, we really do have an awesome community here.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munch;222437 said:
They've become the Soup Nazi's of the Aquarium world.
lmao that pretty much sums it up. Starting to feel the same way about r2r too... My posts are constantly being deleted for being slightly off subject.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I guess I stand in the minority. I really like RC. Its a invaluable place for information. There is a lot of misinformation in this hobby and when something is not accurate it typically gets corrected by other members over there. Like Dave (DyM) I really like the chemistry and Neptune sections. (chemistry is one of my favorite aspects of the hobby) I dont venture much outside those forums except to see what people are selling.

I don't necessarily agree with a lot of their policies/politics over there so I try not to get involved.

All and all I have learned A LOT from RC, cant put a price on that :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've never had a problem with RC.
I just didn't like seeing the mods playing favorites. If they liked a person, they'd give them a warning.
If they didn't like the person or the person stood up to defend his position they'd ban that person.
Plus, they consider selling frags a non commercial activity but selling fish that you raised from a reef tank spawn
was a commercial activity and was forbidden.
Chemistry area is great, I also like the DIY LED section.