beer connoisseurs, take note!

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am excited to hear that a new brewery is planning to open in Fort Collins! Pateros Brewing Compony, formally known as Horsetooth Brewery is opening in Fort Collins, planned for 2010. OH YEAH!
Their website is a little cheesy but they are new and I have only heard lots of great thing about there beer!
http://www.pateroscreekbrewing.com/blog.html

When this place opens, it would be fun to hold a tasting for MASC, those who are 21 and older of course. If we get enough people, breweries often go out of there way to give special tasters and tours and even set aside an extra room.

Also on another note, and I know Juan will like this too, there is also another home-brewing supply shop coming to Fort Collins. Thank God because the home-brew supply shop "Hops and Berries" needs some competition!
http://www.fermentedlychallenged.com/2009/09/rocky-mountain-homebrew-to-open-in-fort.html

prolawn_care

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mantid;23890 said:
When this place opens, it would be fun to hold a tasting for MASC, those who are 21 and older of course. If we get enough people, breweries often go out of there way to give special tasters and tours and even set aside an extra room.

Darn it that means Juan cant come... LOL Im not much of a drinker, but it would be fun to see the inter-workings!

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
anyone ever try the home brew shop in aurora ...been thinking bout going there cause i been on this craft brew kick and it costing me alot more than the good ole days of bud ...lol

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah lets do a tasting!! That would be awesome! I agree Chad, Hops & Berries needs competition, although I still have that GF you gave me for my wedding lol. Been too busy with fish stuff to make any beer lately!?

Aku

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You might depending on their prices. I heard you recently did your first batch by the way! that is awsome. How did it turn out?

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
lvlajestix18;23970 said:
"Do your Brew" near Westminster Mall is the best place around here.
Is that one of those places that you make your beer there and they clean everything up for you?

Aku

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mantid;23930 said:
You might depending on their prices. I heard you recently did your first batch by the way! that is awsome. How did it turn out?
It turned out quite well. Problem is I've already drank most of it. Haha. I'm just finishing up primary on a robust porter ingredient kit. Probably going to put together next batch from recipe instead of a kit. Seems to me making beer is a lot less complicated than having a reef tank. :D Of course, that is something you can make a complicated as you want.

...Danielle mentioned something about getting free bottles from the meadery in Lyons. You just bring them a six pack or something and get a grip of bottles?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mantid;23974 said:
Is that one of those places that you make your beer there and they clean everything up for you?
where do you buy the stuff to make your own brew?

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Aku;23979 said:
It turned out quite well. Problem is I've already drank most of it. Haha. I'm just finishing up primary on a robust porter ingredient kit. Probably going to put together next batch from recipe instead of a kit. Seems to me making beer is a lot less complicated than having a reef tank. :D Of course, that is something you can make a complicated as you want.

...Danielle mentioned something about getting free bottles from the meadery in Lyons. You just bring them a six pack or something and get a grip of bottles?
All you have to do it bring in only one bottle of your fresh homebrew and they will give you a whole box of used bottles that have the flip tops on them. They are used only once at the meadery and they are required by law to throw them out or give them to people like us. but its definitely cheaper than buying bottles and they work great! Plus while you are at the meadery, you can get the free samples of their mead.

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
No, but I have heard about it and sounds really cool! I would like to see someone else use it before I consider buying it. I want to know how accurate it is, and if the beer really comes out the way the program says it will. Have you used it?

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I guess I could get off my lazy butt and use the trial version. Plus its only $35. Maybe if its a downloadable program from a CD we can all "share" it! I have a PC, those who else might be interested in sharing it, what kind of comps do you have?

Aku

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mantid;23985 said:
All you have to do it bring in only one bottle of your fresh homebrew and they will give you a whole box of used bottles that have the flip tops on them. They are used only once at the meadery and they are required by law to throw them out or give them to people like us. but its definitely cheaper than buying bottles and they work great! Plus while you are at the meadery, you can get the free samples of their mead.
Oh man. Those sound like good bottles. I'll have to stop by when I'm on my way to boulder next time.