beer connoisseurs, take note!

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
hurrafreak;129493 said:
Depends on the recipe and if I feel lazy or not, as to wether I go all grain or extract. It would be awesome to get a keg in the future but I like bottling process
I dont mind bottling i guess. I just hate removing labels and cleaning them all.

andyrm66

Butterfly Fish
Bottles are easy for sharing and taking places, thats for sure, can still bottle after kegged, just need to build a counter fill or something along those lines. The keg is great for force carbing, 24 hours after its in the keg it ready to drink. I need to get some handles and make the kegarator nice, now its just a mini fridge.

Metalsniper

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I do agree that the force carbing would be nice then again you can get some great flavors and body from carbing with different sugars. On a side note I've found that PBR cleaner is great for getting labels off, just soak them for like half an hour.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Metalsniper;129583 said:
I do agree that the force carbing would be nice then again you can get some great flavors and body from carbing with different sugars. On a side note I've found that PBR cleaner is great for getting labels off, just soak them for like half an hour.
What is PBR cleaner?

andyrm66;129586 said:
Hmm carbing with different sugars, sounds interesting.
I carb with brown sugar normally.

Metalsniper

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Whoops, meant PBW sorry. It's made by five star, the same people that make star san. Both great products. I haven't tried it but I got some advice that a mixture of molasses and honey builds a nice crisp head. I intend to try it with my stout that everyone seems to like to see if I can get it even better.

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish

Got 4 kegs, A double propane burner, 9 gal kettle, ingredients, and other equipment. My new paintball gear bag is in the pic also. Going to get a chest freezer from a friend that can fit kegs and carboys for lagering.

Have a nut brown and a wheat In buckets now.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dang Chris you have quite the operation going. When can I pick up a six pack?

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
KhensuRa;131345 said:
Dang Chris you have quite the operation going. When can I pick up a six pack?
Pick up? not any time soon. But come over and drink a six pack (or brew and drink) ... almost anytime :p

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ChrisB;131339 said:

Got 4 kegs, A double propane burner, 9 gal kettle, ingredients, and other equipment. My new paintball gear bag is in the pic also. Going to get a chest freezer from a friend that can fit kegs and carboys for lagering.

Have a nut brown and a wheat In buckets now.
When are you hosting a meeting?

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
rockys_pride;131382 said:
When are you hosting a meeting?
It would have to be in the summer maybe. I have a smaller house. How many normally attend a house meeting?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
ghost face killah is going around again ......try some if you dare ...its HOT!

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
My beer fridge is growing in power!

First keg. Its a mild wheat.

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
New burner and kettle in action today. Brewing a spiced brown. Also put a nut brown in a keg today.

Made some dog biscuits from the spent grains. Dogs were fans.

4 cups grains
2 cups flour
Egg
1/2 cup peanut butter

Roll thin and cut

Cook at 350 for 45

Break up and mix around

Cook at 250 till dry 3-5 hours.

Never should be an issue but hops are deadly to dogs fyi

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
There is a guy on la fish guys that claims biopellets are made from the something of the brewing process, @16:30

[video=youtube;sLhmI8vtnfw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLhmI8vtnfw&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

andyrm66

Butterfly Fish
LOLm hopefully yours turn out better than mine, had an infection, perhaps a yeast infection. No it was bacterial. Haven't had one of those since I started brewing. Who knows. Did everything the same as I always do it.

Metalsniper

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah, one thing I'm worried about is the maple syrup for bottling carrying some sort of bacteria with it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk