Anyone got Fluconazole?

Hi all. Sorry I didn't make the last meeting. Had an emergency. The good news is that my tank doesn't have bryopsis, but the bad news is that it was hair algae. Lots of it. I'm still down to pick some up. If anyone has 10+ caps I can come by whenever it's convenient. Just PM me and we can get something figured out. Thanks

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I know that we now have fluconazole to treat bryopsis. I've even successfully treated it using this method.

However, I just wanted to share some information I have in case folks prefer the old method of raising Mag using Tech M or a more natural way.

Kent Tech M worked for Bryopsis before the formula was changed. Continuum Reef Basis Magnesium is identical to the old original Kent Tech M formula and will work for Bryopsis when used to raise the Magnesium level up to very high levels. This method can be stressful to some corals however.
Bacter Clean-M has had good success eradicating Bryopsis, as it has other nuisance algaes, and that is what I would recommend that you use first. It does take some time, like in excess of a month of use and sometimes over 2 months.

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Before I place an order, anyone still have some laying around?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Be careful with that stuff. I did a 3 week treatment of it then did a small water change, started carbon back up and then lost a bunch of corals which then turned into a small tank crash. It's possible something else like contamination on my hands just happened to coincide perfectly with removing the fluconazole, but the timing is just too suspect to not blame it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Be careful with that stuff. I did a 3 week treatment of it then did a small water change, started carbon back up and then lost a bunch of corals which then turned into a small tank crash. It's possible something else like contamination on my hands just happened to coincide perfectly with removing the fluconazole, but the timing is just too suspect to not blame it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app
Understood, thanks.

I'm at my wits end trying to remove bubble algae.

Fourthwind

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
have used it several times with no ill affects. I never dose more than once every two weeks. On that note I have never had it affect green hair algae. Just Byropsis and bubble algae. Bubble algae takes two doses and 6 weeks before you start seeing a significant reduction.