Best food for coral?

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I feed LRS Reef frenzy. My fish and corals love it.

Gonefishin

Butterfly Fish
Coral food market is superb. You can't go wrong with anything. I do tend to feed krill heavy foods because krill has a natural color enhancer.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I'm currently using Reef Chili from Bulk Reef Supply (http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-reef-chili-coral-food.html) and found that my hammer and frogspawn retract almost instantly when I feed them. Same with zoas, once the food hits them they retract for a couple of minutes and then come back out.

I've also tried Reef Roids by Polyp Labs, and Coral Frenzy. Of the 3, I like the particle size of the Reef Roids the best. The Coral Chili elicits the strongest feeding response from the corals, but now matter how much I mix it there are always chunks. I think the smallest size of Reef Chili from BRS would be a good place to start since it is only $13....might not be too late to get in on this months group buy at BRS either? http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?29123-August-BRS-Group-Buy&highlight=bulk+reef

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You would be surprised how much hammers can be fed just from the food you feed your fish and copepods that populate your tank. I don't feed my euphyllia anything directly and my frogspawn has grown from a single head the size of a golf ball to the size of a softball in 3 years.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've been very happy with all of the Rod's food. The original blend seems to have something for everyone (I feed that about twice a week)

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
duprst;636804 said:
What do most people you to spot feed coral. I have a turkey baster but it is putting way too much food in the tank at one time.
Check out "Julien's Thing". Works well for spot feeding in hard to reach areas.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I feed my corals mysis shrimp and to spot feed I use 10" tweezers.