Beware of scammers

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
lol..you guys crack me up!

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
the interesting names might be cool, but they don't tell me anyting unless you give me a chart to go along with them at the bottom of each page. How about creating a flag for something like "Under Review" instead of "Club Member" That would stand out and if worded properly would warn other members of a pending investigation. Just thought.

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
kmellon;223763 said:
the interesting names might be cool, but they don't tell me anyting unless you give me a chart to go along with them at the bottom of each page. How about creating a flag for something like "Under Review" instead of "Club Member" That would stand out and if worded properly would warn other members of a pending investigation. Just thought.

Detritus - 0
Chromi - 50
Clownfish - 100
Mandarin - 250
Hawkfish - 500
Wrasse - 750
Trigger - 1000
Lionfish - 1500
Angelfish - 2500
Shawk - 5000+

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
majicmike;223696 said:
Well, it's not just him. I have had 4 deals that did not (let's say) live up to the standards I expect from MASC members, from frags that I got WAY over charged for to driving 1 1/2 hours to buy something that was NOT what I was told it was. Very disappointing.

On the other hand, Aquamart was a great time!
The MASC meeting was great.
We just got back from Gonzo's and, as always, he was a first class guy!
Yeah, when you ask someone a specific question about what they're selling, you should get an accurate answer. Personally, I believe in full disclosure ahead of time, before the question is even asked, but that's just me. However, if you know the person is driving an hour and a half one way to come buy something from you, lying to them about what you're selling is unacceptable. We asked some fellow reefers to help load and unload, and they graciously agreed to clear their schedules to help out, so it wasn't just our time that was wasted. I was not just disappointed that the item was not as described, but thoroughly disgusted and angered by what happened.
That said, I don't blame the club, just the member who lied. I knew it was a possibility that it wasn't in as good a condition as described, and it was a risk I was willing to take because the person was a member of the club. I doubt I will be willing to drive down to the Springs for any kind of deal anytime soon, however.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
The names are nothing more than titles that go along with post count. They are purely cosmetic.

The little gray/green/red box under the logo is the "reputation". Not sure if we are going to keep this or not, but it offers a way for users to provide feedback on other users posts. You can do this by clicking the little star at the bottom of the post.

static reef

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
oh crap i am that guy

rlklassy;223675 said:
I found the person in paticular extremely rude aswell. I ended up paying ten bucks to him in gas in order to meet half way and i ended up going all the way to co springs and then found out he lived there. I was trading a nem for a coral... and then came to find the nem i had just traded with him for sale on craigs or masc two or three days later. He then told me i had given him a rainbow nem and that he sold it to his fish store for 275 bucks followed by a message that said "appreciate bro"! ! very frustrating so I asked him how to contact the other guy who was interested in the nem prior to our trade deal and he must have felt "for lack of a better word" stupid and told me he was kidding and wouldnt do that. I will no longer buy, trade, or ever refer anyone to this person again. I truely feel like i wish i would have gone with the other person inquiring about the nem just for the sake of how i was treated and lied to
believe it or not i am that guy. i told him that i woukd be interested in the nem and woukd do a trade with him. he fame over and wanted me to trade him for 4 frags of his choice. (yeah right). he recieved around 50$ i frags and was on his way. no way would i give him 275$ for that. i read his post of the items which he was selling and of course they are not there except a 2 headed frag of mauls that i gave him for 25$, which he was trying to sell for 50$. Crazy. I personally don't care for a rating system and i believe that the problem will buff itself out. we are not ebay and the vast majority ofnthe transactions are good and clean with everyone. just my opinion

sorry about the typing issues in this post. not so great with my new tablet yet.

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
bush8984;223187 said:
Recent for sale threads have been posted with items many of us know were obtained for free. Especially when it was received at a fundraiser meeting in loveland!!
I know I'm not one of the ones that you're talking about, but just for the record... I still have EVERY single item I won in Loveland down to the little food packets. Including Don's big tank & all equip, which you will need to pry out of my cold dead hands, lol!

I agree with you about trying to keep the riff-raff and "only here to sell stuff" members away, or to a minimum.

bush8984

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Ghosty;223855 said:
I know I'm not one of the ones that you're talking about, but just for the record... I still have EVERY single item I won in Loveland down to the little food packets. Including Don's big tank & all equip, which you will need to pry out of my cold dead hands, lol!

I agree with you about trying to keep the riff-raff and "only here to sell stuff" members away, or to a minimum.
Oh not sir, def not talking about you. No complaints with you