1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Biocube, Oceanic 29 gallon

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by Roxborough Reefer, Oct 30, 2018.

1. I bought a used biocube as my Introduction to the saltwater aquarium hobby. My wife is not convinced in allowing the used 90 gal. yet. I am uploading my first draft of aquascape.
    Comments???? 20181029_210305.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using MASC mobile app

2. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Looks great, nice work

3. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

I agree, it's looking really good!

Roxborough Reefer likes this.
  4. zombie

zombie Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

5. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Rockscape looks really cool! Did you epoxy it together, or is it just stacked?

6. Some epoxy and some just stacked.

7. Here us version 2.0. 20181030_184319.jpg

8. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

the first version was better imo and will give you more room to work

9. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

I completely agree with this. Sometimes less is more... I'm running out of room in mine and wish I would have gone with a slightly more simplistic scape.

10. Thank you for your input. The saying "less is more" is very applicable. I made changes based on everyone's input. 20181101_054005.jpg

11. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I like the final aquascape you came up with, it looks like you used the space well.

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  12. Here is my quarantine tank set up. I will be testing parameters. As you can see in the photo, I need a power strip controller. The biocube will have water this weekend. 20181102_054338.jpg

13. SynDen

Ya that power strip sitting like that is a huge hazard. Needs to be mounted with drip loops on all the cords. Would be really easy to get water on it and the a whole bunch of bad things could happen including fire. I’d fix it before you put water in the other tank

Sent from my iPad using MASC mobile app

14. I agree

15. neil82

neil82 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

+1.
    I'll also add that it's a good idea to have your power strip plugged in to a GFCI protected outlet for safety. Easy to do if you are comfortable working with electrical. I've also seen GFCI plug in adapters, but not sure how reliable their performance is.

16. neil82

neil82 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

I like the look of your aquascape. Keep the pictures coming as you move along. Looking great!

17. I was going to use a GFCI plug in until I change out the plug. However, I'm not sure how much protection I will have unless I have dedicated cicuit.

18. Well, I have been cycling the tank using Dr. Tim's fish less method. My parameters are 0 ppm ammonia, 25+ ppm nitrite and 50 ppm nitrate. I found a opportunity for some corals. Here is my tank at this exciting adventure. I'm anticipating algae bloom, cyanobacteria etc. Looking good so far. 20181113_173924.jpg 20181113_165312.jpg 20181113_165322.jpg