1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Blender v Rics

Discussion in 'Breeding/Propagating Member Videos' started by Cake_Boss, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Wicked Color

Wicked Color Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

That is why you need a designated system.

2. deadrock

deadrock Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

what if you were to just cut it in1/2 1/3rds would the odds be good

3. Zooid

Zooid Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

I've done 1/2's and 1/3's with success. (with mushrooms)
    Haven't tried it on ricordia.

4. Wicked Color

like Jon said, with florida's that is about the only way to split them, but with my yumas all I do is cut the smallest lil bit off the foot and it just becomes a mushroom, Alex picked one up last week.

5. hurrafreak

hurrafreak Orca M.A.S.C Club Member

Ever gonna happen?

6. wirick181

wirick181 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

hurry up jamie

7. Cake_Boss

Cake_Boss Orca M.A.S.C Club Member

jeez, I take a break from the site and this is what I come back to? A guy can't get a break around here, lol. I'm just waiting for my LTA to move out of the breeder basket, then around the blender and into the basket we shall go!!

8. hurrafreak

You can take a break all you want but if there is no video in the "video" thread then it'll be moved lol.

9. Cake_Boss

I'm getting to it, I'm getting to it. Just thought I'd make a spot before someone beat me to it, gotta be original here you know lol

10. hurrafreak

I doubt many if any people are thinking about putting ricordeas through a blender.

11. Cake_Boss

lol, I'd go do it now but the girls are already asleep, don't want to wake them up, you know how that goes.

12. Cake_Boss

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the things going into the blender, doubt the orange one is going but you never know. rhodactis were going to someone else guess not anymore. Should be going under the blender tonight!!

13. Cake_Boss

[video=youtube;cxQuimIC3Qc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxQuimIC3Qc[/video]

Check out my other videos too, your tax dollars hard at work, lol

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2010
  14. deadrock

deadrock Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

that didnt work as well as i thought it would lol

15. Cake_Boss

Actually, it didn't. One of the mushrooms didn't even get cut, one got cut in two, the other got the full force. They are currently chilling in the breeder basket, hopefully they can't go through the net and be coral food. I'm thinking that they are because, my brains all have their feeders out

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2010
  16. that0neguy1126

that0neguy1126 Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Maybe try with less water?

17. dvenson

dvenson Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

you will also want to put some LR rubble in there for them to attach to.

18. Cake_Boss

I'll def try again. I'm waiting for the originals to either live or disappear. For the time being, had to put the nem back in the breeder, with the shrooms. I guess the nem hates the pico.

19. Cake_Boss

Update, new shrooms have started growing from the little chunks. As an added affect, the original shrooms look much more neon, although I think its the fact that they are now in the main DT as opposed to the pico. Also they haven't expanded fully yet.

20. Wicked Color

See there, told ya you could frag shrooms with a blender!!:D