Blue throat trigger

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a chance to get a pair of theses guys that are captive bread, anyone have them in a reef? Been reading a lot of positive things about them.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I haven't kept them before, but I've heard they are similar to crosshatch triggers. I wasn't aware they have been captive bred before. That's great if they are now.

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
SkyShark;358826 said:
I haven't kept them before, but I've heard they are similar to crosshatch triggers. I wasn't aware they have been captive bred before. That's great if they are now.
Ya I didn't know about captive bread either! Makes me feel a lil better about them. Everything I read says that are safe! Might just do it!!

ValG

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
My buddy has one in his mixed reef and absolutely no issues. The fish (male) was super shy when just introduced and wouldn't come out from hiding for a few days. Now swims all over and doing great. Really really cool looking fish.

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
ValG;358829 said:
My buddy has one in his mixed reef and absolutely no issues. The fish (male) was super shy when just introduced and wouldn't come out from hiding for a few days. Now swims all over and doing great. Really really cool looking fish.
Thanks any reassurance is great!

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I had a male in a mixed reef tank for a year and a half and he was great!!! I was moving my rockwork around one day and a rock slipped and killed him, I was super bummed. I would totally go for it they are really cool fish!!

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well took the plunge and bought the pair the male was eating today as soon as it came out the female is still in hiding. I'll post a pic of them later today

Awesome fish. I have a pair in a mixed reef with no issues. Although I am nervous about trying any shrimp. The fish are very forgiving and have wonderful personality. I lost my first one when he first jumped into the overflow then after a long time getting him out he jumped the tank.
RIP: