Board Elections - nominations thread

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here is the official nomination thread. Please keep this to nominations, seconds and acceptance of nominations here only. I will also look at the records for the nominees and confirm if they are eligible. Keeping all of this here will make it easier when it comes to the ballot. If you have any questions that are not answered in this post please PM me or any of the rest of the board.

Please post here. Or if you want to do it in a private manner, email: president@marinecolorado.org if you would like to nominate yourself or someone else for one of the board positions:

President Juan Muro hurrafreak
Vice President Chad Wohlers Mantid
Treasurer Aaron Ediger Wicked Demon
Secretary Jon Garnett jonthefb
Member At Large Bryan O'dell doctorbmw
Member At Large Kris (don't know last name) kalgra
Member At Large Gale Mckamy Zooid
Member At Large Adam Monchak Amonchak

Please include name, username and position for which you are making the nomination. At this point in time an officer on the board of directors at the moment can serve 2 terms in the same position.

Here are the bylaws relating to qualifications and timing of elections.
VI.3. To stand for election, a person must be a Member in good standing (paid the membership dues for the current year, or have attended two meetings after January 2011), over the age of 18.
VI.4. Nominations for officers shall take place the first two weeks of August in odd-numbered years. The Webmaster and Membership Chair will assist in determining eligibility of the nominated persons to run for office. Elections shall take place on the Society website during the third week of August. The Webmaster is responsible for administering the election process. The newly elected officers shall assume office on September 1st of each odd-numbered year.

Nominations will be received through August 14.

The bylaws also state that only members can vote. At this time membership is defined as someone who has paid the appropriate dues for the current year, OR someone who has attended 2 society meetings since January 2011. There are no limitations as to who can do the nominating. Voting will more than likely take place ONLY in the members forum.

[video=youtube;7xxgRUyzgs0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0&ob=av2e[/video]

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Second Wicked demons nomination! Or can I since I dont have a fancy badge?

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
thats what I thought.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would like to nominate DKJMS (Kris) for president.
I would like to nominate Adam Monchak Amonchak for Treasurer

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
i nominate juan (hurrafreak), for president and jon (jonthefb)for secretary,and adam (amoncak) for treasurer
you guys did a great job during your term ..i'm not sure how active the guys i didn't nominate were with the BOD so if i knew more i would nominate them as well but i know as a whole you did a swell job

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
chrislorentz;106574 said:
I would like to nominate DKJMS (Kris) for vice president.
I would like to nominate Adam Monchak Amonchak for Treasurer
i second adam for treasurer

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
how bout ummfish (hes seems like a knowledgeable dude) lets nominate him for member at large and while i'm at it we all know gale knows a think or two about breeding so i nominate zooid for member at large ...ok one more ....can we get thejrc on here?, ill nominate him for member at large too

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
So Far

Nominated

hurrafreak - president
djkms - president
jonthefb - secretary
chrislorentz - member at large
ummfish - member at large
zooid - member at large
thejrc - member at large
Seconded

Wicked Demon - Vice President
Amonchak - treasurer

Also remember for those people who are nominating and for those who are accepting nominations. You MUST be a member in good standing in order to qualify to even be voted on. Some of those people above at the moment do NOT qualify. But if they wish to still accept then they can pay their dues or hopefully have attended 2 meetings before we vote.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Chris, I am honored that you nominated me however I don't feel I would be a good fit as President. I have a little one on the way due January 15th and a lot of my free time would be tied up with him/her. I wouldn't mind another less involved position but President would be stretching it thin for me im afraid. Besides Juan aint goin no where!!!!

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I second Juan as president then !

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;106589 said:
Thanks Chris, I am honored that you nominated me however I don't feel I would be a good fit as President. I have a little one on the way due January 15th and a lot of my free time would be tied up with him/her. I wouldn't mind another less involved position but President would be stretching it thin for me im afraid. Besides Juan aint goin no where!!!!
I've had conversations with Wicked Demon about this and the more and more I think about it, it would definitely be tough to just leave it. I'll make my decision as it gets closer, but at the moment I'm leaning towards staying on and helping, IF I get through to that point of course!!

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;106591 said:
I've had conversations with Wicked Demon about this and the more and more I think about it, it would definitely be tough to just leave it. I'll make my decision as it gets closer, but at the moment I'm leaning towards staying on and helping, IF I get through to that point of course!!
nice i really didn't think you would do it ....lol

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Is there a way to let us know who has been active so far as a board member? I mean, all we really have to go off of is what we see here on the forums and that is just a small part of what goes on. I don't want anyone to get their feelings hurt but its hard to make a informed decision by the (forum) boards alone.

For example Jon. He might very well be at all the board meetings, give a lot to the club and do a lot behind the scenes but from what we see as forum members he does disappear for a month or 2 at a time on the boards.

I just think we need to know how well those who are being re-elected actually did being a board member and not just a forum junky. This is not a popularity contest and we need to have people on the board who truly care for this club and its future.

Here are my nominations with what little info I have to go off of and why;

President:
Juan (assless chaps) Muro
Juan is a great president. He stood up when no one else would to lead our band of misfits. He is at every meeting that he can be, is open to dialogue, criticism and truly shows he cares for our club.

Vice President:
Aaron (DNA Frags) Ediger
No one cares more about this hobby, this club and cutting corals then Aaron. He is the first to greet newcomers, first to offer help and is a wealth of knowledge.

Treasurer:
Daniel (Auctioneer) Venson
Either this guy is robbing houses and stealing tanks or he knows how to handle his money well with this hobby. Every week he has something new and something cheap. He is always offering corals and equipment for sale and is always willing to help and answer questions people might have.

I would love to nominate other board members that are currently serving but we need more info. The remaining folks are not very active on the boards (Adam and Gale excluded but from talking to both of them I thought they didnt want to serve again??) so we need more info please :)

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
djkms;106607 said:
I would love to nominate other board members that are currently serving but we need more info. The remaining folks are not very active on the boards (Adam and Gale excluded but from talking to both of them I thought they didnt want to serve again??) so we need more info please :)

I would be willing to serve another term as part of the BOD. I'm not sure what I said to give you the impression that I may not be interested in continuing as I tend to put my foot in my mouth a lot so who knows what tangent I was rambling about..... but I am around and willing.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
amonchak;106611 said:
I would be willing to serve another term as part of the BOD. I'm not sure what I said to give you the impression that I may not be interested in continuing as I tend to put my foot in my mouth a lot so who knows what tangent I was rambling about..... but I am around and willing.
Nice!! This is good to know, sorry for misspeaking then..