Board Elections - nominations thread

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
why do I not see Juan or Aaron on that list?

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haddonisreef;109468 said:
So this club is gona be ran by a treasure and secutary?
No, nominations were due by the 14th, Juan was just letting you all know where we stand as of now.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
chrislorentz;109445 said:
why do I not see Juan or Aaron on that list?
If Juan accepts the Pres position I will take the VP, but if not I will wait for a second on the pres nomination (or another person to get nominated), and we will find another VP.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Guys, all of this stuff was due on the 14th. That was two days ago, as of right now the above people consist of your new board. There doesn't need to be a vote because there's not more than 1 person in each position thatposition that accepted nomination. I told y'all a few days beforehand that you should nominate more people for all positions. The new board will have to shuffle as the old board did, and find new board members themselves.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;109209 said:
This is it everyone!! You have until midnight tonight to be nominated, seconded, and accept a position on the next MASC board of directors, years 2011-2013. As we speak, we are looking at a board of 4 people. If all else fails those 4 people are in charge of everything, so choose wisely!
I let you all know that everything needed to be done by midnight on the 14th!

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
well if the 14th was the deadline for everything it would have been nice if the nominated people would have at least been courteous enough to accept or decline before the dead line instad of leaving everyone in the dark

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can there be an extension granted?

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
chrislorentz;109523 said:
Can there be an extension granted?
That's why there are bylaws. The new board has the ability to appoint other board members to fill positions that are vacant.

I don't think Juan was running for President.... though I could be mistaken.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;109481 said:
Guys, all of this stuff was due on the 14th. That was two days ago, as of right now the above people consist of your new board. There doesn't need to be a vote because there's not more than 1 person in each position thatposition that accepted nomination. I told y'all a few days beforehand that you should nominate more people for all positions. The new board will have to shuffle as the old board did, and find new board members themselves.
The only reason I didnt accept was I was waiting to see what you were going to do???? You didnt decline?

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
President set us up for failure !!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehehehehe

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well....I'm going to "assume" that Juan is stepping down as president as he was the one (juan) setting the deadlines and posting the information. With that said, as a current member of the BOD (if I'm reading this all correctly), I would highly recommend and appoint Aaron for new pres!

Again, I have absolutely no clue what I am actually suspose to do but according to this thread, Aaron now has 20% of the current BOD's support. I need three more "yays" and we have a new pres. Am I wrong?

I am sending pms to the following:
Amonchak - treasurer
dvenson - member at large
dv3 - secretary
Pisces II - member at large
scchase - member at large

If you, as new bod members, disagree with this "assignment" of a new president I highly recommend you speaking up before I get two more "yays"

p.s. Many many many thanks to everyone that has made this board possible, past, present and current. Thank you.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
im with ya but i think we can work it all out at the meeting ...we have a good group!

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Boogie got to slow down man !!!!!!!!!!!! Way to be proactive though.

VI.4. Nominations for officers shall take place the first two weeks of August in odd-numbered years. The Webmaster and Membership Chair will assist in determining eligibility of the nominated persons to run for office. Elections shall take place on the Society website during the third week of August. The Webmaster is responsible for administering the election process. The newly elected officers shall assume office on September 1st of each odd-numbered year.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
chrislorentz;109550 said:
Boogie got to slow down man !!!!!!!!!!!! Way to be proactive though.

VI.4. Nominations for officers shall take place the first two weeks of August in odd-numbered years. The Webmaster and Membership Chair will assist in determining eligibility of the nominated persons to run for office. Elections shall take place on the Society website during the third week of August. The Webmaster is responsible for administering the election process. The newly elected officers shall assume office on September 1st of each odd-numbered year.
Nominations were finalized on the 14th. No election would be required due to each position only having one candidate. Am I wrong? I just don't like the thought of last minute decisions but I guess there are still a few weeks to go. I'll just read from now on. =)

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Boogie;109552 said:
Nominations were finalized on the 14th. No election would be required due to each position only having one candidate. Am I wrong? I just don't like the thought of last minute decisions but I guess there are still a few weeks to go. I'll just read from now on. =)
I like your proactive approach ...........