1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Breeding Clowns (Snowflake+Wyoming White=Frostbite?)

Discussion in 'Breeding/Propagating Member Videos' started by Aaron, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Aaron

Aaron Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots

After doing a ton of research I finally tried to raise some baby clown fish. It's day 16 and I've got 6 of them through metamorphosis. From what I read things should get easier from here.

Here's the mom I bought 2 years ago.
    http://alphaaquaculture.com/store/index.php/hall-of-fame/sa-fancysnow-premium-87.html

I don't have a picture of the dad, but he is equally as nice looking for a Wyoming White.

The babies are about 1/8 of an inch but their white is already starting to show very well. Keeping my fingers crossed for some really nice looking Frostbites.

View attachment 21507 View attachment 21508 View attachment 21509

2. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

That's awesome!! They look great.

3. SkyShark

SkyShark Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Awesome. Congrats. Have you checked out the most recent issue of Coral Magazine? It was focused on breeding fancy clowns - lots of good info.

4. Aaron

Aaron Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots

Thanks guys. Yes, I have that issue of Coral Magazine sitting next to my breeding setup :)

5. ReefCheif

ReefCheif Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Love my frostbites! Best of luck on these, if you get some nice ones youll be banking for sure!!

6. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Awesome man!

7. CRW Reef

CRW Reef Orca Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

pretty awesome and congratulations!

8. Craigar

Craigar Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Id be interested in a pair when there ready

9. JuanGutz

I'll take a pair* as well

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
  10. SkyShark

How are the clowns doing? Got any more clutches going?

11. Aaron

The clowns are doing great! They are still very small ~0.25" but look amazing. I have 3 frostbites and 2 snowflake(ish) clowns. The frostbites are going to be absolutely stunning even at this size they have a ton of black flecks.

My plan is to grow them out to about ~1" before I offer them up on the forum. I had no idea this would take 5-6months so I have a new respect for breeders.

The parents are still spawning regularly on a 2-3 week cycle. Unfortunately, I lost my rotifer culture while on a business trip so I haven't harvested any fry recently, but will probably start again after the holidays.

I will try to grab some pictures today or tomorrow and post.

12. Jadkins4

Jadkins4 Copepod

That's awesome! Definitely interested in seeing some pictures!!

13. JuanGutz

I'd love to see pics as well and I'll still be interested in a pair.

14. Aaron

Parents. Don't even ask how much I paid for them :(

[attachment=68242:name]

Attached Files:

15. Aaron

Babies

[attachment=68250:name]
    [attachment=68248:name]

Attached Files:

16. Aaron

Sorry about the rotation, apparently the MASC website will decide whatever orientation it wants if you upload pictures from a macbook even though they are properly rotated on my end.

17. SkyShark

Looks good in the tapatalk app.

The babies look great.

18. Aaron

[HR][/HR]Thanks, I will keep everyone posted.

19. Kbailey89

Kbailey89 Copepod

Nice looking clowns for sure!