Brine Shrimp Direct

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I thought I would post my recent experience with Brine Shrimp Direct.

I recently ordered some frozen fish food from BSD. I ordered three 7 pack cartons of frozen mysis and three 7 pack cartons of frozen brine shrimp (artemia).
Each single pack contains 30 cubes. So each carton contains 210 cubes.

BSD sells as an item a three carton pack of either mysis or brine shrimp, as well as other frozen foods on their website ( http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com ).
Pricing for three cartons, containing a total of 630 cubes, was only $26.95 for each type of food before shipping. Although not posted on their website, there is a cheaper shipping method to Colorado, thanks to DyM for the heads up, so a call to their customer service was needed. Customer service was acceptable, however, it seemed as if we were being yelled at through a speaker phone. It was very unpleasant as far as that went, but overall it was pretty good.
Two day shipping to Colorado was $17.25.
For a total of $71.15 for 1260 cubes of frozen food and numerous samples of their other offerings. That works out to about $1.70 per 30 cube pack. I was paying between $4-6 per pack of brine shrimp or mysis at the local chain pet store...not including the $14.00 per pack for pc mysis. I consider this an awesome reduction in food costs for keeping all these tanks.
How did it arrive? Shipping was via FedEx 2 day. Package arrived in great condition. Upon opening and inspection it was found to still be completely frozen. Packaging consited of a cardboard box lined with 1 inch thick Styrofoam on all six sides and that was lined with a thick "freezer bag" type foil and bubble liner. Dry ice was in a seperate package in the center. All food was still very frozen. Sample packs were seperate at the top of the box as well.
Overall we are very happy with this first tryout order. We will definetly order again from Brine Shrimp Direct.

Here are some pics of our order.

View attachment 15688
View attachment 15689
View attachment 15690
View attachment 15691

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Nice, im gonna order from them soon, let you know how it goes

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
+1
I've ordered from them before, and had a good experience. It's been a very long time, but thanks for the reminder. I prefer the blister packs of food to breaking off pieces of frozen, because I know I'm giving the same amount of food each time. The fish might not care one way or the other, but it's a nice bonus.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I agree. I like the cubes for consistant feeding. We feed about 15 - 18 cubes a day and it just makes it easier to measure out for the different tanks.