BRS Media Reactor Opinion

szavoda

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

szavoda

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you get a chance to snap a pic of the mod, I would appreciate it. I would obviously like to pay $65 for a dual as opposed to $45 x2 for the singles. Gotta measure my space too...

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
I use the jumbo size but same difference. I do 2 singles though instead of the double.

As for tumbling the media. The containers come with foam pads you can use to pack it down and prevent tumble. I am actually a fan of this instead of tumbling. I wouldn't bother with the delux, all it has is that purge valve which is not really needed.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Even with pads, flow with the double is tricky. Do singles. Buy used if you can, if up north the store doing used sale might still have some jumbo's.

szavoda

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
that0neguy1126;n641167 said:
I use the jumbo size but same difference. I do 2 singles though instead of the double.

As for tumbling the media. The containers come with foam pads you can use to pack it down and prevent tumble. I am actually a fan of this instead of tumbling. I wouldn't bother with the delux, all it has is that purge valve which is not really needed.

I think I have to do the "deluxe" just for the smaller form factor. Eh - what's an extra $40 after all of the damn money we throw at this hobby, lol.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I havn't looked at deluxe in a while, are they truly smaller? I think they just looked nicer, but otherwise pretty much the same? Find some side by side pics? Just making sure you dont blow the extra for no reason.

szavoda

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think the dimensions listed show it at about 2 inches less in size. I went ahead and ordered 2 of them, so I will let ya'll know!

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

All you have to do is take these 4 screwa out turn them 90 deg and screw back in. Couple fittings and such you're there.

Only thing id change is id throw a couple 90s so it didn't bow from the t to the reactor and back. But I definitely would do it again. Id set it to tumble the gfo and full the carbon.

Last edited by a moderator: