BS business practices...Ambrosio Aquatics

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here is my feedback for Ambrosio Aquatics = Shady

I'm fed up with unethical business practices and because I'm so fed up, unfortunately I'm not going to let things go "unsaid" any longer for the sake of the community at-large.

QUICK summary: (feel free to PM or get in touch with me, it's all documented)

Feb 19th (communication through text)
- 3:22pm...Got address and confirmed both the black ice pair of clowns and phantom black clowns were still available. Began driving from Brighton area to Aurora.
- 3:55pm...Confirmed we were most likely going to get the phantoms and black ice clowns. (Shouldn't have said a word)
- 3:58pm...Was told "just a heads up" a guy was interested in paying via Paypal for the phantoms and if he didn't they would most likely be sold in 10 minutes.
- 4:01pm...Was told "He just paid lol"

The timing doesn't matter from here. I was quickly struck by the fact that I read on his thread for these clowns just earlier the same day that someone (a bag of it) was interested in a phantom clown and if he could hold it for him. Ambrosio Aquatics told him NO, it was FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.

So I asked, somewhat rhetorically, that if we had just showed up without telling him what we were getting, they would have been ours. Then the stories began about how this person Paypaled him earlier in the day but he didn't receive anything...then the money apparently was sent to the wrong address etc etc. Then he didn't want to screw that guy because he originally had ordered them for him...BLAH BLAH...THEN WHY WERE YOU SELLING THEM TO THE MASC MEMBERS AT-LARGE?!?

Then the confirmation came. Confirmation that we had just been screwed big time, while sitting in rush hour traffic trying to get there on Ambrosio Aquatics time schedule (only available til 5:30). I was told he figured out of "fairness" that he would contact the other person before we got there to give him a chance and said, "hope you understand."

I've thought and thought about this. First come first serve for some of us...but apparently someone was on speed dial. If you're holding them, then HOLD THEM. Why did you tell us they were available before we started driving through rush hour to Aurora?!?

I don't buy these BS stories that attempt to account for shady practices any longer. Funny part was, Selina asked me why I had told him what we were getting ahead of time just in case he might pull something (which has happened with other experiences). Me being the trusting/optomistic one said...what, like someone is going to get there in the next 15 minutes and buy the clowns we want?!? BINGO...sickening.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: BS business practices...Ambrosio Aquatics

From now on, all feedbacks will only be displaying affiliated parties input and parties with like experiences. All non-involved comments will be removed.

If you have input that is not related to same transaction or topic involving said individual, please feel free to create your own thread.

Thank you for understanding and feel free to PM me with any questions.

Ambrosio Aquatics

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
First off, Paypal payment counts as first come first serve. Second, for you to post a thread calling me shady because you didnt get the clown fish you wanted is childish and petty, comparable to a 5 year old cursing their parents for not getting the pony they wanted for Christmas. after your acute deductive reasoning the most logical situation is that i am a liar and a cheat?? The fact that you think what i told you was a "story" is a insult, and a joke. i would have gladly ordered you another pair if you would have givin me the chance. wouldn't it have been much easier for me to tell you from jump that the phantoms where sold??

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Hmmm, Ive purchased countless livestock from Nick and never had any problems, one issue I did have with a naso tang he was very quick to fix. I would have to say my personal experiences with Nick have been nothing but great, he has even met me a couple times when I couldnt make it all the way to Aurora.

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;227261 said:
From now on, all feedbacks will only be displaying affiliated parties input and parties with like experiences. All non-involved comments will be removed.

If you have input that is not related to same transaction or topic involving said individual, please feel free to create your own thread.

Thank you for understanding and feel free to PM me with any questions.
I don't agree with this level of control/censorship. I've had several other people come to me saying threads get closed too quickly and things are not allowed to be exposed as they should be. I think shedding light on issues and having transparency is the proper way to handle things. I don't think that all of a sudden, in the time since I've been in this community, that we are just now doing this?!? I think someone has bought an "untouchable" status. If board members are not allowing feedback, INCLUDING negative feedback, to be out in the open then why even have a feedback section. ONLY for positive feedback?? This isn't a utopia where everything is daisy's and puppy dogs. Bad things happen when you cover up the bad to make everything else look like roses.

Ambrosio Aquatics;227339 said:
First off, Paypal payment counts as first come first serve.

There was no Paypal payment until I was 15 minutes away, then you admittedly told me you called this "person" and gave him the opportunity to buy it BEFORE we arrived. That means it hadn't been paid. That means you sold something from under us. AGAIN, if we had just showed up and not said a word about what we were going to get, I guess then we would have been "first come".

Second, for you to post a thread calling me shady because you didnt get the clown fish you wanted is childish and petty, comparable to a 5 year old cursing their parents for not getting the pony they wanted for Christmas.

Me not getting a pony for Christmas aside...I could ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY care less about a pair of clownfish...other than Selina being completely excited to get the phantoms. I've gotten all of my favorite pairs of clowns from another vendor and unfortunately I tried to spread the love and this happens! What I DO care about is unethical and ridiculous business practices.

after your acute deductive reasoning the most logical situation is that i am a liar and a cheat?? The fact that you think what i told you was a "story" is a insult, and a joke.

It doesn't take any deductive reasoning when things are being said outright and blatantly. Remember "I hope you understand"? Why would you need to ask that unless you knew there was something wrong. The insult and joke here is AGAIN the business practices.

i would have gladly ordered you another pair if you would have givin me the chance. wouldn't it have been much easier for me to tell you from jump that the phantoms where sold??

This is comical. YES YES YES...it would have been MUCH easier for you to have just said they were sold! That would have been the ethical/right thing to do. Why tell someone something is available, have them drive all the way across town and then drop the hammer?? I have an idea, since we were 10-15 minutes from your home, why not sell to the true "first come first serve" as you told others you were operating by, and order THAT other person another pair. Complete non-sense.
For those that know me, the one thing I hate the most is drama. I get enough of that day in and day out. The last thing I want in my personal life and on my personal time is drama. I just respect enough people in this community to not let things go unsaid any longer. I've held my tongue many many times because of my complete hate for drama. However, I'm not the person that will continue to watch things go unchecked, especially if someone else might get stung because I didn't speak up. There, I've said my piece. This is all factual, all documented (text messages) for anyone who cares enough to know the truth.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BS business practices...Ambrosio Aquatics

Evan the thread will not be closed we as the bod have decided when things like this come up only those involved will be able to post in that thread if other people have problems or visa versa they can also open a thread. This is to help both you and the other party voice your opinions with out the (pot stirrers) to chime in we highly encourage people to review vendors and other people. Its our job as the bod to not be on anyone's side and keep threads clean.

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Craigar;227431 said:
Evan the thread will not be closed we as the bod have decided when things like this come up only those involved will be able to post in that thread if other people have problems or visa versa they can also open a thread. This is to help both you and the other party voice your opinions with out the (pot stirrers) to chime in we highly encourage people to review vendors and other people. Its our job as the bod to not be on anyone's side and keep threads clean.
I'm totally good with what you guys do to help keep things from getting out of control. I'm completely on board with that. I've just never seen it done before, in this way (or at least practiced) until now.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
It is something we only recently discussed ie this is one of the first times its been used.

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
scchase;227440 said:
It is something we only recently discussed ie this is one of the first times its been used.
Interesting. Only problem....there is a BIG loophole. So now, if anyone wants to speak up and have their voice heard after someone else has taken that first step (that most don't want to do), doing so respectfully and without "flaming" they aren't allowed...HOWEVER...as you can see a new thread in support of Ambrosio has just started. Basically an "in the face" to my feedback. Which allows me, the poster of negative feedback, to look completely solo and like I'm just one disgruntled party. Which honestly, I don't care...I can stand on my own. I can say this...it sure does make anyone else even CONSIDERING posting negative feedback about someone or something less inclined to do so, which is a discredit to the community. I'm done with this board if this is how things are going to continue...which is somewhat "knee jerk" on my part...but nonetheless based on actual happenings.