Bulk Heads

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would like to get some concensus from experienced people. Do you prefer the internal threaded bulkheads or the glue type and why?

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I use to be a threaded guy, but after dealing with a couple on the returns only 90 leaking, I'm all glue FTW.

Gilorado

Cleaner Shrimp
I use external threaded bulkheads and then glue all pvc pipes.... quick and easy unless you need to take apart at some point in time.

B-Willz

Angel Fish
I use the threaded ones, but run a thin bead of silicone around the flange. That way it prents leeks but can remove it if needed.

68RUSTANG

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I also do threaded. I silicone the flange and apply teflon paste & tape on the threads.

Works great just use the silicone and paste sparingly to avoid a mess.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I like using threaded inside on the flange end and slip fit inside the other end. Slip fit inside the tank, threaded outside the tank. Hope that makes sense. I've already needed to take the pipe off the bulkhead on the inside of the tank because the buildup of five years almost completely plugged one of my overflow pipes.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Zooid;92339 said:
I like using threaded inside on the flange end and slip fit inside the other end. Slip fit inside the tank, threaded outside the tank. Hope that makes sense. I've already needed to take the pipe off the bulkhead on the inside of the tank because the buildup of five years almost completely plugged one of my overflow pipes.
This is what I have. I didn't have a choice though, I bought the mega flow kits.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk