1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Bump on Wrasses Head

Discussion in 'Fish' started by MuralReef, Aug 24, 2017.

1. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

So I noticed a bump today that looks like it belongs on my checkerboard/marbles wrasse. It doesn't appear to be an injury since it is smooth and seems to be directly between her eyes. Is this a disease I should worry about? No new fish have been introduced and all the other fish appear healthy. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Is it a sand deweling wrasse? Just wonder if it occurred while digging

3. MuralReef

It is and that is what I was thinking, but it doesn't look like an abrasion. Do fish get swollen bumps when they hit their heads too? Maybe I should put her on a concussion protocol and limit her swimming!

4. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Get her a helmet and no licking g the glass lol

Legonch and MuralReef like this.
  5. MuralReef

Now its a hole! Doesn't look bad or infected and she's acting perfectly normal.

6. jda123

jda123 Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

Even if it is a disease instead of a wound, there is nothing that you can do about it. Just let it be and hope for the best. Treatment would require removing it from the tank and then guessing at what it is for medication which probably won't work in a tank with sand anyway - all of this could be more deadly than the hole.

Just keep it well fed with high quality food and that is about the best that you can do. If she is eating, then that is a great sign.

SynDen likes this.
  7. MuralReef

She never stops eating!

8. SkyShark

SkyShark Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Strange. Hope she pulls through.