Calcium is super high!

I just tested my calcium,magnesium and alkalinity and my calcium is super high what should I do
Here's my parameters
Magnesium-1350
Calcium-563 ppm
Alkalinity-8.2 dkh
I'm not sure what I should do will anything die??

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Are you adding any calcium into your system? If you are you could reduce what you are adding or stop it completely until your numbers come down. If you are really worried about it you could do some water changes, but I'd be inclined to just let it drop on it's own.

Did you just get a new test kit or anything? Sometimes the different kits (Salifert, Red Sea, API, Hanna, Etc.) produce different results. A new kit could produce different results for you.

I found this very helpful: http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2002/11/chemistry

Rumen

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Coral should be fine just stop dosing calcium if u are its the alk u need to worry about if it gets high but yours seem fine

TheRealChrisBrown;639585 said:
Are you adding any calcium into your system? If you are you could reduce what you are adding or stop it completely until your numbers come down. If you are really worried about it you could do some water changes, but I'd be inclined to just let it drop on it's own.

Did you just get a new test kit or anything? Sometimes the different kits (Salifert, Red Sea, API, Hanna, Etc.) produce different results. A new kit could produce different results for you.

I found this very helpful: [video]http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2002/11/chemistry[/video]
I have a Hanna test kit and I think I'm Just going to let it drop back to normal. I want to get a clam but would it die with such high numbers?

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
mabaeza15;n639614 said:
I had it at 1600 at one point and the fish store told me that was way to high that I was lucky nothing died?

1600 is fine. I think in the 1800 ballpark I would start to worry. And thats because of either chlorides or sulfates getting too high.

As for calcium being too high. Just let it come down naturally. But if you are that worried, just do a water change and it will bring it down.

sethsolomon;639635 said:
1600 is fine. I think in the 1800 ballpark I would start to worry. And thats because of either chlorides or sulfates getting too high.

As for calcium being too high. Just let it come down naturally. But if you are that worried, just do a water change and it will bring it down.[/I think I might just let it come down naturally thank you everyone