Camera Gurus - Reflection ?

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I picked up a cheapo CPL filter for my DSLR in hopes to combat reflection. Ummm...it doesn't work. So I have a question:

If I can see the reflection is there any CPL filter out there that wont pick it up? I assume because I have a cheap filter thats why its not working. I was looking at pickup up a B+W 58mm Circular Polarizer with Multi-Resistant Coating but wanted to make sure that I can get reflections from the aquarium out of the photos with a cheaper CPL first.

For the time being I use a tripod aimed straight at the glass with all lights off but aquarium lights and get as close to the glass and shoot with my remote. Sometimes though I see a photo op and want to be able to just grab my camera and shoot without setting up. Doing so I always get bad reflections.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your help!
Kris

What you need is a Macro Lens for sharpness and close up photos.
If you don't want to spend lot of money on Macro photography, then you can buy a cheaper add macro lens ring to the existing camera lens. Attached are some of the photos I took with Macro Lens.
You can clearly count the multiple eyes on the baby spider !!

[attachment=60315:name][/URL]

http://photo.net/learn/macro/

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a cheap add on macro lens right now. I am saving up for this bad boy right here and it will be my next big purchase but thats still probably a few months away. I do setup the camera a lot and take pictures including macros. My problem is I get reflections with my "no time to setup, gotta shoot now" of the aquarium and I want to minimize/stop it in my photos.

Nice photos btw :)

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes, Kris, that filter is exactly what you need. Will it remove them completely? I am not sure, I hate shooting with a polarized filter, so I do my best to remove the source of the reflection first.