Can anemones morph or fade?

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
No worries, its kind of fun to be honest otherwise I wouldnt have even posted :D

In regards to the pigment swap. Its my understanding they start to take on slight coloration from nearby or touching bubble tips.

In regards to getting your money's worth. I am of the opinion of doing what makes you happy! At the end of the day its your money and who honestly cares what others think.

For me, I look at it like this. Would I spend the premium on a sunburst solely for the reason it is labelled as sunburst? No, that's silly. If I had the chance to buy a rainbow looking sunburst with yellow tips I would (and have) pass on it in a heartbeat. If I want a rainbow looking nem I would buy a rainbow for the $50-$80 range. Conversely, I would spend a premium amount on the Gucci nem even though its not a sunburst. It has the characteristics I personally love. Really vibrant yellow and orange tentacles and nice green near the base. For me a sunburst has to have really vibrant yellow and orange to it in order for it to catch my eye!

Here is my sunburst in my 225 (rose in the foreground), crappy cell phone pic but you get the idea...

Last edited by a moderator:

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Positive side of all of this is that if we keep selling and trading clones (regardless if they are sunbursts, rainbows or whatever) its less nems that are harvested in the reef.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Alas for now I leave you with my dinner plate sized sunburst that lives in all blue reef koi evolution leds.

But wait is that a sunburst on the bottom right too?

Last edited by a moderator:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Looks like a rose or rainbow, but hard to tell with the pic

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Ive seen rainbows glow like Sunbursts, Ive seen sunbursts glow like Lemon Drops. Ive Seen RBTAs bleach out to a clear pinkish color and get sold for $200. IM a stong believer alot fo the color is directly affected by enviroment.

Ill use palythoa as an example, more specificallt CARs and Bowsers. Same exact coral as far as Im concerned, but based on different lighting and water quality a CAR can look like a bowser and vise versa, and it causes alot of problems in the trade.

I personally try not to go off names, expecially when it comes to zoas and nems. I fi See something I like I buy it, coulkd care less what anyone else has to say about it, but thats just me.

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
ReefCheif;321538 said:
Ive seen rainbows glow like Sunbursts, Ive seen sunbursts glow like Lemon Drops. Ive Seen RBTAs bleach out to a clear pinkish color and get sold for $200. IM a stong believer alot fo the color is directly affected by enviroment.

Ill use palythoa as an example, more specificallt CARs and Bowsers. Same exact coral as far as Im concerned, but based on different lighting and water quality a CAR can look like a bowser and vise versa, and it causes alot of problems in the trade.

I personally try not to go off names, expecially when it comes to zoas and nems. I fi See something I like I buy it, coulkd care less what anyone else has to say about it, but thats just me.
+111111