Candy Cane upset

My Candy Cane seems upset...

It's been doing well in it's current location for the past 6 weeks or so... But all of a sudden, the past few days it's looked dried and wrinkled like a raisin. I haven't seen it's tentacles out in a long while (week or so) either.

My ca was a little low today (odd since I did a 15% wc yesterday, and 2 days before that ca was at 450), so I added some, but PH was decent. Heck... here are my parameters:

dKh 8
ca was 380, but I added some about an hour ago. Should be above 420 by now. But I haven't re-tested.
PH 8.4
SG 1024
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0
temp 81 (which it has been since I've gotten the tank. PC lights + in tank protein skimmer, + submersed MJ1200 = hot tank :( I'm getting some LEDs tomorrow to hopefully drop it down to the 79 that I'd like).

Light cycle = 10 on 14 off

The rest of my corals are looking great... including duncan, hammer, frogspawn, kenya, neon toad, etc...

Any ideas?

Punjab

Angel Fish
It can be tough to say sometimes. For the most part everything looks relatively normal. How old are the bulbs in your lights?
Temp could be an issue, especially if it swings much higher than that in the middle of the day. Any way to point a fan at the lights and top of the tank during the day?

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
My candy canes did the same thing a few months ago I had them mid tank and mid flow, without any changes one day they decided they were unhappy. I put them on the floor and in the corner and have been slowly bringing them out into more flow and they seem to be happier now. I also started to spot feed about once a week at night.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Be carefully raising your calcium that much in that amount of time it could stun a lot of corals

They looked happier this am. Less wrinkled, and a little fuller. The temp was 80, and calcium was up because I added some before bed last night.

I just changed to LEDs so I'm sure they'll be upset the next few days.

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Candy canes are funny. I use to not test my water much and my wife would always notice if there was an issue because they would look bad. Then I'd see what the problem was.