canister filter

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anyone ever use a canister filter and turn it into a fug?

is it even a good idea or a waste of my time?

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I run a canister on my FOWLR however I just run carbon and ceramics

Dane

Angel Fish
If there was a way to get a light in it and chamber what ever plant live you chose maybe also find a way to slow the flow down a lill

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am sure a ball valve will help with the flow.

I turned a biowheel hang on back filter into a fuge........don't think you could use a canister. I'm not sure how you would get light into the canister

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
MRICKEN1012;107209 said:
I turned a biowheel hang on back filter into a fuge........don't think you could use a canister. I'm not sure how you would get light into the canister
I have a very short LED strip that I used to keep in the back of my 14g cube. Would probably work great in a canister. got in ebay cheap too.

let me know if you want to check it out V.

ChrisB;107210 said:
I have a very short LED strip that I used to keep in the back of my 14g cube. Would probably work great in a canister. got in ebay cheap too.

let me know if you want to check it out V.

Good thinking

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I actually found a couple DIY online turning a canister filter into a fug. However I ended up selling it and got some glass from 303travism, going to build one instead.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was running my bubble box for my skimmer as a fuge sorta I just put macro algae in the return side and let the return water flow through that and put a sponge at the bottom of the box so the tangs could not get to it.