cant keep up with kalk alone

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I run kalk on my frag tank at night only and my ph still swings from 7.9 to 8.2 when the lights come on. When I was dosing more my ph would raise to 8.4 in the day time so I had to cut back on the kalk at night. Everything seems fine though

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Since things have leveled out...what I'd do is stop dosing for at least 2 days, test daily, and figure out your consumption rates. Once you have that sorted, you can try dosing 2-part (if you're willing to go that route) and should be able to keep your levels stable.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: cant keep up with kalk alone

jahmic;249580 said:
Since things have leveled out...what I'd do is stop dosing for at least 2 days, test daily, and figure out your consumption rates. Once you have that sorted, you can try dosing 2-part (if you're willing to go that route) and should be able to keep your levels stable.
+1

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Update:

It was time to do a w/c so I had to wait a few days before I tested again it turns out I'm only going through about 1 dkh per day maybe not even that looks like I need to buy dosing pumps

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
my main is a 210 the fuge is a 135 that has a 50 gallon low flow section I have a huge derasa clam and a medium maxima i plan loading it up with sps oregon tort red dragon I have 2 tubbs birdsnest colonys 2 pocillopora 5 or 6 hammers and torches just about whatever trips my fancy

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
happy to report I transfered a birdsnest frag I got from craig into the 210 a few days ago and after a couple tumbles (finding a home) and now I can report new growth still think I'm going to wait a couple weeks before I attempt a tort