Carpet Help/labor/advice/whatever needed.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So on the rapidly escalating costs of Charlie the German Shepherd. **** whit roomate had moved his kennel back over the carpet off the tile of the front door (which we never use.) He didn't **** last night at bed/this morning and sure enough while at work he went ballistic trying to get out.

From the tile, carpet got torn out about 3inches out across 3 foot and then an irregular triangle sorta shape. It ends in like a perfect right angle so I think it's where the sheets of carpet were rolled? Seems like fairly common shaggy long length cheapo carpet. (Rental property) Can't find any spare when I thought we had some, may be in attack once I check.

Assuming I can find spare, replacable/patchable? I'm dreading an answer because otherwise it's the same carpet pretty much uninterupted all through the first floor and side rooms....

Right now in the debate of getting rid of the dog. Resisted beating the **** out of him. He's crying and low crawling and being well aware of the **** he's caused. Feel like it'd be cruel to ditch him when he's been training well, very bonded to me, and now has this condition that's going to add to his monthly expense few others would be willing to deal with. Fiancee says get rid of him of course.

She also suggested trying to extend tile out, which I kinda think based on pic is not a good idea. (Edit) Click image for larger version.

View attachment 17470

That's my advice too. I feel for you. Had a retriever puppy tear out a five by five foot swatch out of the center of the living room before we thought about kenneling while we made grocery trips. He digested the pad too. I hope you find a fix.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sadly the layout means very few places to pull extra carpet from. Probably kinda behind a corner of my roomates closet at best. Will try finding something close first. Probably have a month to work on getting it fixed. Just not looking forward to dealing with the management people... (It's already just cheap contractor type carpet)

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
A patch wouldn't be hard at all. Extending the tile out would not look right because of the angle of that wall. I would check Home Depot or Lowes to see if you can find something that matches.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Get carpet from closet double cut it in the new area for a 1 to 1 fit and seam it in. Reall want a short cut do all the same and just glue it in.

pidge

Angel Fish
Yeah. That's a bummer. Is the carpet berber? If so that stuff is pretty tough to seam well. Otherwise you should be able to patch it pretty easily. You're just gonna need some tools that I'm not too sure if you can rent or not. You need the glue iron and the kicker with a paddle to tuck the carpet at the tile and walls. I wouldn't extend the tile as that's gonna put it out into the doorway area and be very very noticeable cause it will look one off.