Catching angel fish

i have used the 2 liter fish trap for about a week now trying to catch a rusty angel fish, i have heard a flyfishing hook works with shrimp. i dont want to pull out all the aquascape. how do you guys catch fish?

Threads and threads on this, but I always have to pull out my aquascaping or drain the tank (or both). If your tank is amenable to scooping out one corner and draining it so all the fish have to go there, then that can be pretty low key / fast and doesn't hurt your corals.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea, good luck. Can be done with a net, but takes lots of patience.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I needed to catch mine and someone at Keys gave me a great idea that really worked.....but does require patience. Get a two liter plastic soda bottle and cut off the top right where it start to curve towards the middle and also cut the original opening off about 2-3" down (depending on size of fish you are catching. Insert the top inside of the bottom with the small opening inwards. Add some food into it and put it into your tank. The fish swim in, but can't quite figure out how to get out.
Took me about 1 week to catch 12 of my fish that way. The 13th, a 6-line wrasse, was the smartest and took about 6 weeks to catch him, but it did eventually work. Glad I didn't have to remove all the rockscape to catch them and was worth the wait!

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Barbless fishing hook size 18-24 and frozen food works every time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk