Chalice Round Robin DBTC

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
What chalices are currently in the round robin?
http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/album.php?albumid=21

What is a chalice round robin DBTC?

Basically its a trading circle which benefits not only the circle but also benefits the local DBTC program.

How does the trading circle benefit DBTC?
Every person who participates in the round robin must submit at least 1 eye of a chalice to the DBTC program. That chalice must go to somebody not participating in the round robin DBTC. You can submit the chalice to DBTC one of 3 ways
1: You can use a frag of the chalice your entering into the circle with
2: You can use a frag of the chalice in which you already own but not entering with
3: You can use a frag of the chalice in which you received in the round robin

How much time do I have to submit a chalice to the DBTC program?
You have to have your chalice submitted to DBTC before round 2 starts of the round robin. If you do not submit a chalice to the DBTC program before then you will be removed from the round robin.

How long are the rounds?

Each round should take no longer than 6 months. Once you have grown out at least one eye to frag for the next round you will be required to post a "ready" status for the next round. Once everyone is ready the next round will start. If the next round is being held up by a individual or 2, those individuals have 1 week to respond to the holdup or their place is lost in the round robin and will be replaced by someone on the waiting list.

Waiting list, what waiting list?
Only 1 type of chalice is allowed in the circle at any given point in time. If you are posting a chalice that is already in the circle you will be put on a waiting list until that chalice is no longer in the circle. Also, once the circle closes you will be put on the waiting list until the next round begins.

How do I submit a chalice to the round robin?
You must post in this thread - The name of the chalice - The category you want it in - and a picture

How do I know what chalice category to place my coral in?
Extreme - Retail Value $100+ per eye - Must be a named coral and have a verifiable retail price online (For those entering extreme chalices you will be entered to win a Jason Fox Crazy Fox)
Semi-Extreme - Retail Value $50-$99 per eye - Can be a no named coral, as long as you feel it is worth at least $50 a eye or more.
Common - Retail Value less than $50 per eye

How many chalices can I submit?

Extreme - No limit
Semi-Extreme - 2 chalices
Common - 1 Chalice

What if I don't agree with a category someone placed their chalice in?

You can contest the category by either replying to the thread or PM'n me about it. If a chalices category is contested I will post "contested" next to the entry in post #2 of this thread. Once the circle closes we as a group will vote on the category it should be in. A poll will be open for 48 hours to vote.

Wait, your giving away a Jason Fox Crazy Fox?

Ok I have decided that I will give away a frag of my Crazy Fox after 1 round is complete. The person who wins the crazy fox will have to redistribute a eye in 6 months to the circle. Being that this is posted in the extreme section only those who put a extreme chalice into the round robin will be entered to win the frag of crazy fox. By extreme I mean the chalice retails for more than $100 per eye. The Crazy Fox retails for $1000 eye (ridiculous IMO) and I don't think it would be fair for someone who only put in a $10 frag to win $1000 one. There has to be at least 3 extreme chalices inside the round robin in order for the crazy fox to be raffled away. If you have more than 1 type of extreme chalice you can enter multiple times and each chalice you enter into the round robin gets 1 entry into the raffle. If for some unforeseen reason the chalice dies I will do my best to make it up in another way or with another chalice.

What if my coral dies or I move or I just dont want to do it anymore?

Please let us know so we can plan for a person to replace you in the circle.

Ok this all sounds good, how do I join in on the round robin?
Post the chalice you would like to join in with. Your post must include a picture, average retail price and category (common, semi-extreme, extreme). If the chalice you post is already in the circle you will be put on the waiting list. Also, if you post your chalice while the round robin is in progress you will be put on the waiting list until the round is complete.

What chalice will I receive in return?
Whoever posts the most extreme chalice will get first dibs on a chalice in the circle, then the next person, so on and so forth. We will all vote on the order and if 2 chalices are close together by price we will go on rarity/color/appeal next. This is ONLY for the first round and only for extreme chalices. Details for the second round on have not been decided yet.

For semi-extreme and common chalices, you will get to chose a chalice to grow out by post order. Your post must include a picture of your chalice.

All entries for the 1st round must be submitted by 05/01/2011.
All chalices must be exchanged by 05/15/2011

I still need people to help me administer the program encase I die in a fire. Please PM me if you would like to help.

Last edited by a moderator:

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Order
the_fish_man
Wicked Demon
dvensen
Amonchak
Zooid
Yaten13
djkms

Round 1 - Entries

djkms - blue boobies - common -DBTC Complete
dvensen - Original Mummy Eye - Extreme - DBTC incomplete
Wicked Demon - Wicked's Razzmelon - Extreme - DBTC Incomplete
Zooid - Emerald with orange eyes - common - DBTC Incomplete
Amonchak - Bubble Gum Monster - Extreme - DBTC Incomplete
the_fish_man - Pink Boobies - Extreme - DBTC Incomplete
Yaten13 - Area 51 - common - DBTC Incomplete

Round 1 - Growout
the_fish_man - Wicked's Razzmelon
Wicked Demon - Pink Boobies
Dvenson - Blue Boobies
Amonchak - Original Mummy Eye
Zooid - Bubble Gum Monster
Yaten13 - Emerald with Orange Eyess
djkms - Area 51

Waiting List

Last edited by a moderator:

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
wow ..i'm already confused ....just dbtc it oldschool style ...lol

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Really? I thought I explained it pretty well, let me try again.

I put up a chalice. In order to get the chalice I put up you have to put up a chalice, this cycle continues until there is no one to put up a chalice. The last person to post a chalice goes back to me. Once this happens the circle closes and the 6 month countdown starts. After 6 months you give a frag of your chalice to the next person in line.

Those who did not participate while the circle was open can still get in on the round robin but they have to be put on a waiting list and will be able to get into the circle once a person is not able to meet their responsibility at 6 months.

The first chalice you receive in the round robin but be propagated out 2 times. Once to the next person in line and once to someone outside of the circle.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah I have the attention span of a fly and that post was way long.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The benefit is 2 fold. It gets extreme corals that wouldn't otherwise be in dbtc to get into dbtc and yes, its like trading corals for those participating inside the round robin.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It doesn't have to be a "named" chalice although most are. Any chalice would work. Still need to figure out how to avoid duplicates though. Maybe just not allow them in the dbtc unless the person you are duplicating falls out of the circle?

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sounds like a good idea.....wish I knew the name of one of my chalices LOL. My bubblegum monster isn't big enough yet hehe.

reserved ... I'm in. Let me know when we decide how to work it.
PS. I call hollywood stunner!

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm in

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok so im thinking the circle opens when I post the first chalice. From that point the circle will close in 30 days. 48 hours must pass from the last chalice posting until the circle closes, with me so far? So lets say that someone posts a chalice on day 29 - the circle doesn't close until day 31, if someone posts a chalice on day 30 then it will close day 32. The reason I say 30 days is so if someone who doesn't have a chalice wants to participate they have time to buy one. Try to make your purchase as unique or rare as possible, you dont want to end up buying a chalice and it becoming a duplicate.

No duplicates allowed in the circle - this will make sure that every coral in the circle is unique and also prevents someone from holding out on being the next in line for the sweetest chalice. So dont hold out or you just might not get in the circle and be on the waiting list if your waiting to post to get that primo chalice.

Once the circle closes the 6 month countdown starts.

You have 1 year from the circle close date to give away a frag (DBTC) of the chalice you recieved outside of the circle or you are removed from the circle.

If you are ready to frag before the 6 month mark, post in the thread that you are ready and I will update post 2's information. If everyone is ready before the 6 month mark besides one or 2 people who are not replying to the thread (inactive member) they will be removed from the circle and the next person on the waiting list will take their place.

Those with replacement corals (duplicates) will take priority. However, they must have their coral listed on the waiting list before any inclination that a coral needs replaced. In other words you cant just jump in and replace a bubble gum monster and cut everyone in line because you know that the person with the bubble gum in the circle killed it.

how will you decide who is "next in line"? ie who get's your chalice?

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Its a round robin. So lets say I give my chalice to you, you give your chalice to rockies pride, rockies pride gives his chalice to sazama then sazama back to me.

Then your growing out my chalice to give to rockies pride, rockies pride is growing out your chalice to sazama, etc.

yeah, but we still have to set up a first order. I get how it works once the circle is set up, but how do we determine the order of the circle? Might be worthwile to get a list of names, roll random numbers to determine order, then people can post what they plan on entering (first number goes first ect) so we can see what we need to go out and buy if we want to play, but may need to get something new.