1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Change of Plans...T5s and Halides FS

Discussion in 'Equipment For Sale, Trade or Want to Buy' started by Gabe&Brandi, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Gabe&Brandi

Gabe&Brandi Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

ok, so I was going to make a T5 / LED hybrid by breaking these babies up, and piecing it all together, however, I really don’t feel like doing that anymore to be honest...

So, FS is this Tek-light 8x54 watt 8-bulb T5 fixture.

http://www.saltycritter.com/lighting/sunlight-supply/tek-light-t5.htm

They retail at $530 with bulbs so I will let it go for $250!

But wait...there’s more!

If you buy this, you get a free coral life T5 / Halide fixture! Now that, is a deal!

Willing to trade for:
    Dosing pumps + gear
    MP40
    Gooseneck LED for refugium (plus some Chaeto if you have it!)
    Reefkeeper, old style apex, or other controllers

Or if you already have a T5 led hybrid fixture id swap for that!

Also still have two AI sols - $200 for the pair + a free controller

Gabe

Attached Files:

2. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Is the Tek-Light new? Which bulbs are in it, like brand and color....like ATI Coral Plus?

3. Gabe&Brandi

It looks basically brand new. I got it from Chris down in parker.

This guy:

After meeting him and seeing his build, I can’t imagine he skimped on anything.

Here’s some pics

Attached Files:

4. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Any idea on the age of the bulbs? Replacing 8 could be $$$. My wheels are turning...

5. Gabe&Brandi

I can text Chris tomorrow, I’m thinking they are new, he told me he bought them and then decide to go with LEDs and had 8 AIs lol. Not positive tho!

6. Gabe&Brandi

Bump - still for sale

Now priced at $150

7. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

That tek t5 is a good light. I had one over my 120 and added a reefbrite XHO to it (bolted on like a charm) that tank was one of my best ever! Good luck with the sale!

I just replaced one bulb every two months if I remember correctly.

Cherub likes this.
  8. cl800

cl800 Registered Users

I'm amazed no one has scooped this up. If you're within half an hour of Boulder, I'll take it.

9. Gabe&Brandi

Hey, I work in boulder, at least this week! New Job on Monday!

SynDen likes this.