Cherubs 75

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I still can't figure out how to take pics under all blue LEDs btw...might need to bring my camera over one day and see if your tricks work with my Nikon's metering system. ;)

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;217031 said:
I still can't figure out how to take pics under all blue LEDs btw...might need to bring my camera over one day and see if your tricks work with my Nikon's metering system. ;)
well if its metering you should be able to set the perfect number. My old point and shoot had metering but not a great range so I'm o pro with it lol. Come on over sometime this week and we can mess with it.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
rlklassy;217223 said:
how you likin the black sand in the reef....debated going black in my upgrade
Lol he's talking about getting rid if it. He hates it.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cherubs 75

I just pulled all my black sand and colored devil pebbles... I started by siphoning, but ended up moving rocks and scooping... Took all day Sunday. PITA! Now I'm BB but I'm deciding what sand I wanna put in. My tank cleared up overnight. Note I do run a filter sock and DSB in my sump, so I think that helped settle things a bit.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Blazinjack;217228 said:
I just pulled all my black sand and colored devil pebbles... I started by siphoning, but ended up moving rocks and scooping... Took all day Sunday. PITA! Now I'm BB but I'm deciding what sand I wanna put in. My tank cleared up overnight. Note I do run a filter sock and DSB in my sump, so I think that helped settle things a bit.
Yeah I was gonna do that but now I'm planning on refinishing my hardwood so I will have to take the tank apart completely to do so. So I guess I will just take advantage of the situation. hopefully the tank didn't ruin the floor underneath is now my concern...

MartinsReef;217230 said:
I thought the black sand made the zoas pop!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Oh yeah they do pop and so does my scoly and two lobos etc etc etc but it doesn;t buffer ph at all which leaves me dosing kalk which leaves a dust on my black sand which makes it look dirty all the time. I hate hate hate the black sand lol

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: Cherubs 75

Wow Gabe your pics are always so amazing!!!! You def captured the true colors under blue LEDs perfectly!!! Job well done my friend!

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
I took some daylight pics today since I was actually home to see it lol but you can see what I mean about the sand looking bad.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looking good Gabe. When you gonna get rid of the sand?

Every time you do a water change just use your house and slowly start sucking out the sand weekly until its bare bottom. Than add some slowly every couple days. Lengthy process but probly would work the best.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
09bumblebee;218317 said:
Looking good Gabe. When you gonna get rid of the sand?

Every time you do a water change just use your house and slowly start sucking out the sand weekly until its bare bottom. Than add some slowly every couple days. Lengthy process but probly would work the best.
yeah that seams nice but I'm going to be sanding down my floors here this spring so I'll be taking the tank down anyway. I'm going to be setting up a temp tank in my shed and letting it cycle then by the time I'm sanding it will be all ready for the transfer process. Then when my floors are done I will set it all back up lol.