1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Classifieds= number of posts or time

Discussion in 'Member's Lounge' started by Bajamike, Feb 8, 2013.

?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bajamike

Bajamike Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

2. asn-naso

asn-naso Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Tell me about it. I dropped him a PM ASAP, and haven't heard back.

3. FinsUp

FinsUp According to my watch, the time is now. M.A.S.C Club Member

Classic craiglist move. It's getting ridiculous, really.

4. asn-naso

I don't see that tank on Craigslist either. I wish I did.

5. dr.schlegs

dr.schlegs Copepod

Guy properly forgot his log in password, due to the fact that he logs on so little.

6. asn-naso

Looks like he did have it listed on Craigslist for $175, with a filter, then posted it here for $200 without a filter.

7. MartinsReef

MartinsReef Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Re: Classifieds= number of posts or time

:deadhorse:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

8. Djmm1177

Djmm1177 Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

I talked to rhijdm00 with the 215 tank for sale. He is away on buisness which makes sense, cause the reason he is selling is because he is traveling. He said he would get back to me Friday. With that being said I don't feel like some people have time to log in everyday and don't think they should be labeled a "craiglister" just because they don't get back to ya right away. Just my cents .

9. Bajamike

Any more input on this? Right now 60% in favor of this being Implemented.

10. Ghosty

Ghosty Prawn

Also need to know what that minimum post count is. On my CRN we have a 50 post minimum before newbies get an button, but usually let people post stuff for sale after at least 10 posts, otherwise frowned upon. We don't have a set rule though. Just keep an eye on anything suspicious. Overall has worked fine, it's not like a national GIANT forum with tons of unwanted people or vendors. Doesn't even seem necessary here unless it's being abused.

But then again I was off MASC for a few days, only to return and find a half dozen closed threads, drama, and other b.s., lol. So maybe I don't know what's happened lately.

11. Bajamike

I would think 50 its not that hard to get 50 think I have almost done that today

12. Cherub

Cherub Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

you're right, 50 is far too low.

13. Bajamike

Did you vote my little cherub? :) how are you doing buddy? Was looking forward to seeing you at reef stock but you never showed

14. Cherub

lol just seen this.

Yes sir I voted.

Sorry for not going to reefstock. I've become a little disenchanted with the hobby lately. With the club going crazy and people becoming less communicative I've just not been in the mood. It's like the old crab bucket saying "How do you keep a crab in a bucket? You put another one in there with it." I'll be moving my set up to the basement here pretty quick so maybe redoing things will make me happier lol

15. Cake_Boss

Cake_Boss Orca M.A.S.C Club Member

Re: Classifieds= number of posts or time

My little cherub, I like it. Mind if we start calling you that Gabe?

16. Cherub

lol do what you wish :p

17. jahmic

jahmic Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

18. Bajamike

19. jahmic

jahmic Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Can we at least compromise and get a sale section for badged members? :(

I have a few items that I'd be willing to unload for cheaper to badged members here...but I know people would see it as "unfair" if I were to list an item with 2 prices in the general classified section, and I don't wanna deal with the drama. I have a skimmer and light FS that I'm about to just list on some of the national forums...but I'd rather give someone here (that isn't going to buy it and list it elsewhere) a good deal on an item they need.

20. FinsUp

FinsUp According to my watch, the time is now. M.A.S.C Club Member

I might still post something for sale, but there will be a member price and a non-member price. And if someone calls me names because I won't give them the price they feel feel like paying... it ain't gonna be pretty.