Wanted: Biocube aquascape ideas

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I just picked up a really nice, lightly used 32 gal biocube to set up at work. My only thought I have so far is lps, zoas, soft corals but I am open to other ideas. What ideas do you have for a great looking aquascape? Please post pictures if you have them or find them on the internet. Thanks!

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I'm apparently drawn to "minimalist" aquascape, but not 100% sure how that plays out in a biocube since the Live Rock does a lot of filtration and houses a lot of bacteria. But these were 3 that I liked, again I don't know how practical they are and you'd obviously have to scale to fit your application.

View attachment 10631
I really like this top one. Any ideas on how to get that center column to not tip over?

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
If I had to guess I'd say glued in acrylic rods, or pvc pipe. I'd think a masonry bit would work through the rock and then epoxy them in there? The tower is then epoxied to the glass tank maybe? That's how it may not tip over? Lots of guesses on my part here though.

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Maybe I will try to do something like this and epoxy the rocks to an acrylic plate and then put sand over it. Thanks for the great aquascape ideas.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
If you get it to work with the epoxy and acrylic rods, I think it would make a fantastic demo at a future MASC meeting. I think there is a lot of interest in aquascape in general, but if one could create stable and unusual rock work....