Clownfish ID?

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yup!..its a clownfish... =)

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's my son's I got it at Petco for like $15 bucks I can't remember if it was sold to me as a perc but it seems to have way to much black and it's misbarred.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
We've had it for awhile the black is touching on its back and almost touching on its belly.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Probably a Solomon Islands perc. From the looks of it, it's probably a few years old. It takes a long time to develop
that much black. Then again, it could be an aquacultured perc. Sometimes the black shows up earlier on my clowns also.
My guess would be aquacultured since it's misbarred. I don't see too many misbars coming from the wild.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Zooid;139554 said:
Probably a Solomon Islands perc. From the looks of it, it's probably a few years old. It takes a long time to develop
that much black. Then again, it could be an aquacultured perc. Sometimes the black shows up earlier on my clowns also.
My guess would be aquacultured since it's misbarred. I don't see too many misbars coming from the wild.
It's weird but when we got it, it only took about an hour for it to dive into my son's anemone so I thought for sure it was wild but that was for sure my uneducated guess!