Clowninaround7474's 60g cube build

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member

Thanks Kris! I'm looking forward to it growing in. Might need to set up a frag tank someday when the sps needs trimming

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Corals and fish look great! I wish I could keep my glass that clean! Once things grow in you won't know what to do with all the frags.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
LPS and euphillia section of the tank! Picked up this awesome torch at AA today. My very first coral was a piece of torch like this... Green with white tips! I lost it nearly 10 years ago and just never found one that looked quite like it, until now. Glad to have a piece of it back

I just added it so its a little pis*ed off
View attachment 22526

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Small update I guess! Nothing major has been added to the tank aside from a nice Crocea clam from AA and some badass Zoa's from Rumen.

The tank is pretty much full and starting to fill in nicely.

I did swing by and grab some mp10wQD upgrade drivers from AA and they make a HUGE difference for me related to the noise level. Made the switch and they are silent. The black casing matches my stand and has a sleeker look imo. Definitely a nice upgrade.

View attachment 23724

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice. What % do you run them at? I only run mine at about 50%, so I'm wondering if it would notice much of a difference.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member

I run mine on reefcrest mode, anti sync, at about 75%. I had one unit that was really loud and with upgrading both, it's totally silent. Definitely go talk to Cris at AA... He has some that he has upgraded and you can see it first hand. I was really surprised

Last edited by a moderator:

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Made an upgrade to my skimmer today. Picked up a Nyos Quantum 120 today from AA. Excited to get this thing broken in and start pulling good gunk! I wasn't unhappy with my eshopps, but it wasn't keeping up with my bioload.

First impressions: the build quality is awesome and it is SILENT when it's running.

View attachment 24108

View attachment 24109

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
It has rubber feet on the bottom which I'm sure helps, and I honestly can't hear it running.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thank you! I did everything in the book but eventually had to use chemiclean to get rid of it. It worked great and I haven't seen it since... Knock on wood!!!!

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
clowninaround7474;359493 said:
Thank you! I did everything in the book but eventually had to use chemiclean to get rid of it. It worked great and I haven't seen it since... Knock on wood!!!!
I actually used chemiclean as well. I then followed up with the bio clean to address the root issue which I think was lack of developed bacteria bed in the dry rock I used to start. I still use the bacteria portion at about 1/4 the recommended amount. The stuff is great.

I love the 60 cube!