1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Clowns laying eggs

Discussion in 'Captive Propagation' started by that0neguy1126, Mar 2, 2013.

1. that0neguy1126

that0neguy1126 Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

So it looks like my clowns have finally started laying eggs.

These are one of Gales strains (although I got them from Ummfish).

I saw the first clutch last saturday when I got back from LA. And she just laid a new clutch sometime today while I was at Reefstock.

Tempted to see if I can hatch any of these, but I am not really set up. They are on a rock that is easily removable from the tank.

2. 303travism

303travism Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Clowns laying eggs

That's cool your clowns have great color!

3. amphispur

amphispur Copepod

Cool man! Currently trying to breed me some things :D but clownfish for me are a breed if they breed lol..... As well as around 5 diff kinds of anthias and flasher wrasses to go with it.... :spy:

4. xxHLTxx

xxHLTxx Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots

can you not leave the clownfish fry in the tank? i have a pair that looks like the female is cleaning off a spot inside a cave in a SUPER LOW FLOW area... i assume that this plus her and her mate constantly touching one another that she might lay eggs...

5. that0neguy1126

that0neguy1126 Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

They would get blown around by the flow. Pushed in the over flow. Eaten by other fish. Etc. Plus can't feed them in the DT.