Clowns laying eggs

I might try and raise them someday. They moved their nest into a hollow area covered by anemones so I don't even know how I'll get to the eggs. The only reason I know they're still laying, the male attending the nest and my Naso tang(the one video bombing) parking himself in front of the nest on hatching night for his tasty treats.

thejrc

Clown Fish
you going to hit the event on saturday? I've got a nifty alternative to egg collecting I'll be bringing with me to illustrate

thejrc;87198 said:
hrmm well then
http://www.copepodgeek.com/node/7

plop it on the airline with a slow bubble and let the airlift do the work, a flashlight or led at the bottom to attract the fry, plop it in the night of the hatch and viola!
Thanks for the link. Now I just need to convince the old man that I need another tank setup. How hard would it be raising rotifiers while living in a cardboard box?

nah.. you need neither

grow the rotifers in tupperware, jars, or 5 gallon buckets... easy and cake... raise the babies in small goldfish bowls... buckets.... tubs... whatever

My larval rig is currently a fishbowl and a minibow floated in a 10 gallon filled with fw to keep temp. pretty easy