Club bylaws

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Given recent events it has become obvious that our bylaws are due for a revision and the last one occured in 2009. I have copied the bylaws and will be working on revisions that I think will improve the club and help prevent future conflicts. Please feel free to make suggestions and then once I have posted my revised version to make changes after we have come to some sort of agreement according to the current bylaws:
These by-laws shall be amended or repealed, or new by-laws adopted, by a vote of the majority of the Members in good standing of the Society at any general or special meeting or online. Such changes shall be made by the two-thirds (2/3) majority of votes cast. Such proposed amendment, repeal or new by-law, or a summary thereof, shall be set forth in any notice of such meeting, whether general or special, or posted online for a minimum of 14 days before the voting is scheduled to take place.
VII.2. The by-laws may be amended or changed by a 2/3 vote of the Members in good standing present at any meeting provided due notice of the change has been given to the membership at the preceding meeting.
VII.3. If a proposed change in the by-laws is not sent out in advance with the official notice of said meeting, it may still be considered by the attendees, however in order to pass, it must be approved by a vote equal to two-thirds (2/3) of the total number of delegates entitled to vote, even if not present, or by a 90% vote of those present, whichever is lower.
VII.4. Any amendment, repeal or new bylaw shall be filed with the appropriate governmental authority as required by law

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thank you for taking the the time to do this scott. I look forward to the changes you draft up.

I would like to also propese part of the bylaws be a part where they are reviewed and updated at a club meeting atleast once per year.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
I can include something along those lines for sure

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Agreed thank you Scott for your efforts and I agree amendments need to be made annually as the club continues to grow and issues arise that are unaddressed currently.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Scott the only problem I see possibly happening is that each change in the by laws may need to be voted on not sure if that is you r plan or not just something to think about.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I believe an amendment to term lengths may also be in order. As all of the BOD members have stated, this is a difficult and thankless position. Also it always seems to be the mid term point where the BOD starts removing other BOD members. Perhaps shortening the terms to one year. Or alternating elections every other year, so half of the bod elects each year. I would personally like to see the BOD voted on every year. Term limits may also be necessary.

The earlier proposed changes of the members appointing and removing bod members should be included.

I also believe BOD meeting minutes need to be posted after the meeting, including attendance. BOD meetings if held after or before normal meetings should be open to the club members. A lack of transparency is the leading cause to these situations like the current one we are experiencing.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Great ideas Chris. Looking forward to reading the new by laws.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
We should be able to approve the new bylaws as a while once we have finished writting them

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
that0neguy1126;196402 said:
Thank you for taking the the time to do this scott. I look forward to the changes you draft up.

I would like to also propese part of the bylaws be a part where they are reviewed and updated at a club meeting atleast once per year.
+1