Colorado aquarium manufacturers?

Maddlesrain

Cleaner Shrimp
Hello,
I'm hoping I may be able to get a little help in finding a colorado-based aquarium manufacturer. I've done a little researching myself, but every company I find seems to be out of business, so I'm at a bit of a loss. I've looked into other manufacturers such as miracles and class cages, but I'd rather not pay so much on shipping and just pick the tank up myself if possible.
Thank you.

Tom at ADHI is local and he does an amazing job building acrylic tanks and sump.

aquarius

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tom is out of business, sold his stuff too. We can build custom acrylic tanks and sumps at Stone Aquatics if you're interested in acrylic or we can bring in glass tanks of various sizes upon request. We currently have two 120 gallon glass tanks in stock, one rimless on a White Oak stand and one with standard plastic trim with an African Mahogany stand and canopy. We also stock several sizes of Red Sea aquariums.

Maddlesrain

Cleaner Shrimp
Huskyguy;n663032 said:
Tom at ADHI is local and he does an amazing job building acrylic tanks and sump.
Thank you, I'll look into him! Only thing that scares me a little is the acrylic. I've only ever kept glass aquariums.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Tom at ADHI is no longer doing acrylic work

Maddlesrain

Cleaner Shrimp
aquarius;n663033 said:
Tom is out of business, sold his stuff too. We can build custom acrylic tanks and sumps at Stone Aquatics if you're interested in acrylic or we can bring in glass tanks of various sizes upon request. We currently have two 120 gallon glass tanks in stock, one rimless on a White Oak stand and one with standard plastic trim with an African Mahogany stand and canopy. We also stock several sizes of Red Sea aquariums.
Thank you for your response! I'm searching for something a bit smaller, a pre-drilled rimless drop-off peninsula style aquarium with very specific dimensions (total gallonage of maybe 40 gallons). I'm leaning more towards glass as that is what I've always kept.
do you, or are in association with someone who, builds aquariums like this?
I'm really only interested in the tank itself as I'd actually prefer to build the stand myself.

Thank you!

aquarius

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just in the last month or so. From my understanding he sold all of his stuff to Dave who used to own Aquamart. I have some of Tom's tanks myself and love them. I'm not aware of anyone local who custom builds glass tanks though I imagine you could do it yourself if you can build a stand. It's pretty straightforward just some glass, silicone, masking tape. Joey the king of diy on YouTube has a video showing how to build a glass tank I believe.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you are handy at all and pay attention to details, you can make your own. There is nothing hard about it - no long-division, limit theorems or quantums. It will not get any cheaper than this.

Fourthwind

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
there is a company down in the springs building glass tanks. have no idea on quality however. Just seen their adds in craigslist

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Maddlesrain;n663036 said:
Thank you for your response! I'm searching for something a bit smaller, a pre-drilled rimless drop-off peninsula style aquarium with very specific dimensions (total gallonage of maybe 40 gallons). I'm leaning more towards glass as that is what I've always kept.
do you, or are in association with someone who, builds aquariums like this?
I'm really only interested in the tank itself as I'd actually prefer to build the stand myself.

Thank you!
Well it's not drilled but I am sure you could ask them to drill them. I know the owner and he is an awesome guy! They are out here in DC but they are some sexy tanks!

http://artfullyacrylic.3dcartstores.com/Reef-Crest-35--Dropoff-AIO_p_1856.html

aquarius;n663061 said:
+1 for what jda said. Also Fluid Designers is out of business also.
Actually Fluid Designers is still alive! For the last year and half we have been very focused on our retail store, Studio Blue https://www.facebook.com/StudioBlueAquatics/
We've purchased ADHI and moved the shop to AZ. We are up and running and we do offer free shipping to MASC members. I will post an actual announcement soon.

Maddlesrain

Cleaner Shrimp
Hey, I dropped off for awhile. For some reason I stopped receiving notifications from this thread and it must have slipped my mind with all the other craziness in life. I ended up getting the tank from Miracles and got it up and running at the end of this summer!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Hey, I dropped off for awhile. For some reason I stopped receiving notifications from this thread and it must have slipped my mind with all the other craziness in life. I ended up getting the tank from Miracles and got it up and running at the end of this summer!
Excellent! you should start a build thread :D