Colorado sunburst anemone split

Gonefishin

Butterfly Fish
Just as I thought, it split again! This is my 5th clone within the past 4 months. They must love my water. They are however, impossible to remove from their rock without ripping them to shreds. Any ideas to get them off? I tried lights out and they still won't budge.

pic with kessil 150a deep ocean blue

Pic with t5

Pic with metal halide 20k 400w ushio

Pic with all three lights on

fish26

Turbo Snail
M.A.S.C Club Member
Putting an ice pack on/around the foot and slowly prodding it as it contracts. This somewhat of a slow process depending on how tight he's holding on. :shocked:

ValG

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I have used a plastic credit card before and it worked really well for me. Just need to be able to get to the foot of the nem. Once you get the edge of the foot free it should be pretty easy from there. I use my thumb to get it completely free off the rock. If you can't get to the foot right now I think a powerhead approach would work to get it moving.
P.s. If you decide to sell on of these beauties please let me know. I am still looking for one.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
you can do an ice cube method. Take a ice cube and rub it around the foot of the nem and it will eventually let go

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Are you planning on selling any of them? I an interested in one.

Salty1

Cleaner Shrimp
I would definitely be interested in buying one too. If not this time please keep me in mind for the next split. Please, please,please!!!Thanks y