Columbine Reef FOR SALE thread #2

Rebel

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Time to sell the livestock from the Columbine reef; if you have not hear the news, it is bowing/splitting and has pulled away its center braces. More on that here:
http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?18189-A-sad-day-and-end-of-an-era-for-me

I will list the items below and in another thread with pics and a brief note if necessary. Some of the corals have "grown wild" on the very large pieces of LR in the reef, so they will need to be removed. Some cannot be removed so they will need to be purchased with the rock. The fish will need to be caught so they may come out toward the end. The equipment I will list after the livestock is gone and I can unhook/clean it up.

My schedule is very hectic this week, so I would like to arrange pickups for next weekend: Saturday from 10-4 and Sunday 12-4 if at all possible. If you absolutely cannot make either of those times, please PM me to arrange a separate pick up. I am breaking down the entire reef, so you will need to bring your own containers, cups, bags, coolers. I have a few, but certainly not enough for the whole enchilada. If you bring a small cup/film canister, I will give each person some reef dip (Bayer bug-killer) with each purchase as I no longer need it.

Please post purchase requests on this thread. If you have questions you can PM me or text me at 720.560.9890, but I would prefer purchases only via the thread. I can accept cash, checks made out to Columbine High School, or Paypal.

P.S. I am not claiming to be an expert on names, so if I get one or two wrong I apologize and am not intending to mislead anyone.

[video=youtube_share;YMa5_vFTWSs]http://youtu.be/YMa5_vFTWSs[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Rebel

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Strawberry limeade large frag/small colony (I really wish I had a pic of this--it is one of my favorites, green with red/pink tips/polyps) $35 SOLD dodofish

Purple green tip frogspawn 6 heads $30 SOLD Stzim

Aussie Duncans 35+ heads $50 (red arrow)SOLD
Large Hollywood stunner $40 (blue arrow) ***may break while removing
Pavona cactus/potato chip variety $30 (green circle)

Large 8"+ diameter rock with giant cinnamon plays, lemonade plays, nuclear holocaust plays, some other random plays, sm patch of watermelon zoos, a few heads of orange bam-bams, and mottled mushrooms $65 SOLD Stzim

Rebel

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Favia red w/green $35 SOLD ialtalal

Favia pale green/tan $30 SOLD Kontogsi

Favia (Aussie?) green $25 SOLD ialtalal

Favia sm bright green $20 SOLD
(not in pic)

Maze brain (favia?) larger, like 5" or so $40 SOLD

Rebel

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
These are some troubling/specialty pieces

Very large, very cool shaped LR with an arch, maybe 20-30lbs? It has more than 30 yuma mushrooms, the widely encrusted base of the pavona cactus colony which I will break off, leaving the encrusted patch, 5-8 blueish ricordia mushrooms, and traditional mottled mushrooms. $75 SOLD Zhinjo

A football sized thick-shelf-like rock that has three very encrusted corals on it:
ORA Red Planet (awesome coloring)
Teal cyphastrea (never seen this color anywhere else)
orange leptastrea
Plus, it has the remnants of the yellow/green mille and blue mille on it.
$90 SOLD Swanny

(the arrows attempt to show the boundaries of the rock)

Rebel

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Clean up Crew
Some of these critters are living in the LR, so they may not be retrievable and may be bonuses to those who buy the larger rocks. Let's just leave all these sales pending my/our ability to find and capture them.
sm pencil urchin $10
med typical (not longspine) urchin $15
3 tigertail cucumbers $10 each (1@SOLD CindyL) (1@SOLD dodofish) *if I can find all three!
fighting conch $5 SOLD CindyL
20 or so nassarius snails $10 for all SOLD dodofish
turbo/astrea/etc snails (a few) $5 for all you find SOLD stzim/asneiman
3-5 brittle stars--will be hard to find $10 each
pink filter-feeding cucumber $15 SOLD

Rebel

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Liverock
It will be difficult to know how much LR is left in the tank when it is finished beind demo'd, but there is at least 75-100+ lbs of LR in a remote sump. $2/lb SOLD Zhinjo

Rebel

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
A patch of what I think are purple-people eaters, but are reddish (drk centers, red rims). There's like 30 or so polyps, but they are on a 30lb rock. There's a frag plug they started on, so you can have as many come off when I remove the frag plug or as many as you can get without getting play-juice in your eye (or worse, my eye!). Say $25?

dodofish

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'll take these if available
20 or so nassarius snails $10 for all
Strawberry limeade large frag/small colony (I really wish I had a pic of this--it is one of my favorites, green with red/pink tips/polyps) $35

Stzim

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Columbine Reef FOR SALE thread #2

I'd like the $65 rock with cinnamon and other palys on it.
Also some snails if available.

Thanks! Steve

Columbine Reef FOR SALE thread #2

djkms;234740 said:
If you pick that up I would love to get a small frag of that teal Cyphastrea. I love that coral, very unique!
Sure, will see what I can do. Never fragged an encrusting like that before.

I'll take all the remote sump LR and possibly more from the main tank if I can. I'd also like the cool shaped 20-30 lb. rock with the yuma mushrooms on it ($75). I'm going to be down in the area picking up my skimmer from Lifereef already, so this will be a good trip. Now I just need to find some coolers for the transport. Man, this is great. Thank you so much for making this available.

Rebel

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you want to take all of that rock, I will give you the remote sump with it for free, and you can transport it in that. I'll try to track down a scale for it.

Rebel;234768 said:
If you want to take all of that rock, I will give you the remote sump with it for free, and you can transport it in that. I'll try to track down a scale for it.
Fair enough. The hard part will be the weight. I may need to break it down just to do that. But if that works, that makes it easier, for sure.