1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Copepods-BACK IN STOCK-LIMITED!!

Discussion in 'Algae Barn' started by AlgaeBarn, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walter White

Walter White Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

I need some more too. Better get busy! Lol

2. Smiley

Smiley Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

Re: Copepods-BACK IN STOCK-LIMITED!!

Hopefully hes playing romantic muzic to fill everyone's needs....

Sent from my C771

3. FishTV

FishTV Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

Spring break? MIA

4. AlgaeBarn

AlgaeBarn Amphipod Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

Sorry everyone! I didnt mean to go AWOL but school has been rather testing lately. I'm working in 2 research labs and I was running a club but thankfully the competition for it ended last weekend. On top of that I'm on a engineering job search for something in Colorado while trying to finish up my capstone project. It is literally a sprint to the finish right now. I don't plan to abandon you all as the support I've received here is rather amazing.

I'll have to establish some new cultures as I've lost several; however, I won't be doing too much with Algae Barn until May (finals and hopefully graduation!) but I have stockpiled some equipment which will allow me to ensure greater quality, more consistency and hopefully larger batches. I will try and keep everyone a little more updated and I'm sorry for the news.

5. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

I need some pods any chance you have some available

6. MartinsReef

MartinsReef Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

You so crazy!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

7. Andrew_bram

Why am I crazy

8. AlgaeBarn

Unfortunately Andrew, I don't have anything in stock at the moment. I hope I can find some time before May to purchase some starter cultures(atleast algae) so that I have things in stock by mid-May. I've also invested in some microcontrollers to try and help me maintain a higher quality product when things get a running.

9. Andrew_bram

Thank you for the quick response.

10. AlgaeBarn

I'm sorry to disappoint so many people. I thought I would have more time for this business but I underestimated time commitments and overestimated my efficiency. I will be continuing this venture in May and regain the confidence of the people of MASC through excellent products and service.

11. MartinsReef

I am going to get some pods when you got them in again!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

12. CRW Reef

CRW Reef Orca Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Yep ill take 2 :)

13. Stzim

Stzim Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

I will take two as well !
    Only question is where to get them in the mean time.... My formally fat mandarin is starting to look hungry.

Looking forward to your return Sean

14. Ghxst

Ghxst Prawn

PM me when available as well please :)

15. AlgaeBarn

I small update everyone, I have started a 5 gallon culture of tetraselmis and I am in the process of scaling up my nannochloropsis culture. Once I have my nannochloropsis culture scaled up, I will go ahead and order some copepods and more strains of phyto (I'm thinking R. Lens, T. Iso, maybe Pavlova)

16. MartinsReef

17. Stzim

Stzim Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

That's good news. Thanks Sean.

18. AlgaeBarn

I innoculated another 5 gallon culture with a gallon of Nannochloropsis. The tetraselmis culture is coming along, a little slower than expected but the density has been increasing. I'll be starting a tigriopus californicus culture this week and, depending on finances, the week after I'll be ordering 2 strains of algae, rotifers, and 2 more strains of copepods!!

19. 09bumblebee

09bumblebee Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Good to hear.

20. AlgaeBarn

15 Gallons of phytoplankton going! Unfortunately, some of the air pumps I picked up (80W each, they make lovely bubbles) make way to much noise. Looks like I'll either have to get a place with a basement or rent a small warehouse to run those pumps. I have restarted my tigriopus culture and I have also started two cultures from an assortment of copepods from my aquarium. The fish have been eating them rather enthusiastically so I pretty much just need to give it some time and I'll have cultures soon!

-Sean