coral cap?

is there a recommended coral per gallon ratio? Silly question, cause it all depends on what's in there, particular on the tank etc, right? just asking cause my lovey wife who is not a coral expert just told me I can't get anymore coral and I am trying to figure out why ;).

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you can fit more in without non-compatable types touching, yoh can never have too much. Wifey just wants you to spend less cash on coral and more on her.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life, and you can PROVE it mathematically.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
zombie;302839 said:
If you can fit more in without non-compatable types touching, yoh can never have too much. Wifey just wants you to spend less cash on coral and more on her.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life, and you can PROVE it mathematically.
+.5 lol...my wife says the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, yeah. I guess the whole I don't have a job thing while going to school is annoying her. Especially since finally trying to stocking the tank nearly 4 years after I started it. I Had to get it mature!

But seriously as long as I know what's what and the dangers of something stinging and/or over throwing other corals I should be able to pack this thing wall to wall right? Its only 34 gallons!

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Take a look at my 30. Everyone that sees it says it packed to the brim. I think I still have a lot of spots for more coral.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yep.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;302885 said:
That's incredible! Maybe I can convince the wife.......

Best way to convince her that there is more room for corals is to distract her with sparkly things.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
FinsUp!;302887 said:
Best way to convince her that there is more room for corals is to distract her with sparkly things.
Lol...7th anniversary coming up and planning on some sparkle...

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;302888 said:
Lol...7th anniversary coming up and planning on some sparkle...

You're a good man, Charlie Brown. Smart choice!!

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
SkyShark;302891 said:
Sparkly coral :D or perhaps a Diamond Goby?
Only if you tell her its her fish. Lol.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
SkyShark;302891 said:
Sparkly coral :D or perhaps a Diamond Goby?
I was thinking more the sparkle from a new mh fixture on the surface of the water.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haha..
Btw sorry for taking over this thread.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ghxst;302916 said:
Maybe I can get a clam and tell her when it makes a pearl Ill make it into jewelry!
Yeah, but it's gotta grow first. But seriously, clam pearls are ugly blobs.

Back on topic, I'd say the amount of coral you can have is limited by what they need to survive and grow. So that would mean maintaining appropriate and stable water parameters, access to proper light, and sufficient space from competing neighbors.

Cool, I'm on track of that, I've got a huge gap in areas around certain coral like frogspawn, nem and some chalice. I would say the tank is full accounting for a year or two of growth. I think I'm at 50 corals +/- although they are all rather small colonies or frags. I do need a few more for areas where light gets to but are in between rocks maybe some low light stuff. I think I should just pull my crap together and post the pics over the years in a tank build compilation.