Coral Experiment...

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looking for some people that would be interested in some coral grafting experiments.

I am looking for some donations to the experiment.

Rewards for donations: a piece of the end grafted coral you donated towards, photo's of the grafting steps, and weekly updates on the coral's heath

Planned Attempted grafts:

Watermelon chalice/alien eye chalice (I need a donor for 5 ish eyes of alien eye chalice)

Colored polyp Monti swirl(Flower pedal monti, starburst monti, christmas monti) I will trade other coral for these and you will get a piece of the morph.

Starburst Monti: Gabe
Christmas Monti:
Flower Petal Monti: Seth
Green w/ sky blue monti: subpotentjoe

Solid monti swirl (Green and purple/orange) possible donations for this are purple(not idaho grape) and orange

Bubble Hurricane(Bubble gum monster and Miami Hurricane chalices) I need a donor for the Miami Hurricane Chalice

Goni Graft (Red + what ever people would donate) Possible donations for this are Green, blue, white, or purple goniopora

Swirl Slimmer (Green and blue slimmer) Looking for blue slimmer

2 face pallys (purple deaths and nuclear greens) need nuclear greens

Purple Deaths: Seth
Nuclear Greens: asn-naso

Tornado Tort (Cali tort and a red/pink/orange tort) any red, pink, or orange Acropora Tortuosa.

more ideas to come if any of these become successful.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
OO I see you're the experimental type :p

I don't see how the palys would work out but hey why not. I have some starburst monti i can donate.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cherub;266813 said:
OO I see you're the experimental type :p

I don't see how the palys would work out but hey why not. I have some starburst monti i can donate.

the pally ones are a bit tricky but they have been done.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munch;266818 said:
I have a Miami hurricane I can donate... How many eyes you need to be successful?
Probability 5 eyes. The plan for chalices is 4 eyes for grafting attempts and 1 for growing out till the experiment is successful. I am still trying to figure out what to compensate with if the experiment fails after a year.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;266823 said:
Probability 5 eyes. The plan for chalices is 4 eyes for grafting attempts and 1 for growing out till the experiment is successful. I am still trying to figure out what to compensate with if the experiment fails after a year.
Dont forget you already have miami hurricane! I cut you a frag a while back and was bringing it to the meeting.