Coral not looking to hot

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Have had this coral in my tank for a little bit now and I think its getting worse. It used to extend out a little bit, not all the way. Now its not extending out at all and I think starting to bleach, I can see one pod on it completely white. It used it be mid height with little flow, and I moved it higher with still no flow a couple of days ago. Anyone have any thoughts on this, like placement etc?

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea I'll get params up in a little bit. Tank is coming up on a year mark so it is new but everything has been stable for a long time. I also have a set of green goni that are doing awesome in my tank, just don't know what's up with this one.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
All test done by Red Sea test kits. I would appreciate some in site on this. I know my Mg is really high but its been like that ever since I switched salts in September hasn't gone down since.

Temp: 78.7
Salinity: 1.025
Ph: 8.2
PO4: 0.04
NH3: 0.0
NO2: 0.0
NO3: 0.20
Alk: 9.0
Ca: 430
Mg: 1600

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
If it didn't like moving up in the tank, try moving it to the sand bed or near the bottom. Maybe even a semi shaded spot where you could put half in shade/half in light and see what it prefers more?

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I put the coral on the bottom of my tank, not on the sand bed but like 1" away from it on a rock. We shall see how it goes from here.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
So far the coral doesn't look like its making a turn around, kind of at a lost on what to else to do. If I can't figure it out! I'd be happy to bring it to the meeting for someone else to try and revive it, if that would be allowed.