QT Questions

Stithe

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've done a lot of reading on HumbleFish, but I wanted to post my QT schedule here to see if I am missing something anywhere. Any comments would be appreciated. I hope the formatting is readable

Copper Power Medications Food
Day 1 COPPER POWER LVL TO 1.00
Day 2 COPPER POWER LVL TO 1.35
Day 3 COPPER POWER LVL TO 1.70
Day 4 COPPER POWER LVL TO 2.05
Day 5 COPPER POWER LVL TO 2.30
Day 6 COPPER POWER LVL TO 2.50 MetroPlex and API GC lased food
Day 7 Maintain 2.5 API GC lased food
Day 8 API General Cure and API GC lased food
Day 9 API GC lased food
Day 10 MetroPlex and API GC lased food
Day 11 API GC lased food
Day 12 API General Cure and API GC lased food
Day 13 API GC lased food
Day 14 MetroPlex and API GC lased food
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17 TO OBSERVATION TANK!! PRAZIQUANTEL DOSE 1 OF 2
Day 18 50% water change
Day 19
Day 20
Day 21
Day 22
Day 23
Day 24 PRAZIQUANTEL DOSE 2 OF 2
Day 25 50% water change
Day 26
Day 27
Day 28
Day 29
Day 30 To Display Tank!!!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I would stretch that schedule out to at least 6 weeks and if any develop any symptoms of anything during I tack on another 2-3 weeks as needed.
And just a personal preference but I like to start with prazi first. Doesnt really matter which you start with, but I find prazi to be gentler, and when you get fish in they tend to be stressed already, and copper on day one can potentially add to the stress a bit. That being said, Copper power is pretty gentle over all, so not as much impact as other copper treatments
I also dont usually use metroplex of other treatments unless they show some sign that requires the use. I prefer to keep it 3 weeks in prazi followed by 3 weeks in copper

flagg37

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I’ve never done copper. I do a the TTM and use praziquantel just the first day.

everyone has their own method that makes them feel comfortable.

Thomas Doty

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
For fish quarantine I use 1/2 the recomended dose of copper power for the first week. Then I add another 1/2 and observe for another three weeks. This gives the Fish time to acclimate to the copper and they still end up getting the full dose for 3 weeks. While in quarantine I feed pellet food soaked in a garlic supplement for internal Parasites and to help them get more nutrition overall. I would quarantine longer if I had better nutrient export system on the qt tank. After moving the fish to the display I run carbon in the qt tank. Inverts just get a scrub and 5 min soak in 1/2 recomended dose of coral rx, rinse, and straight to the display. Frags get full dose coral rx and lugals/ iodine for 5 min, then rinse, and into display.