Custom built stands and canopies.

pidge

Angel Fish
I build custom stands and canopies. I can build any dimension, any species, any design features. I am in the hobby so I know what needs to go into the the stand/canopy to make things easier and more functional. I have been doing it for a long time and I always "over build" them. I want it to be a piece of furniture that will last you for years upon years. I guarantee they will not be "cheesy" and will be very well built. I put a lot of love into each piece that leaves my shop. Let me know if you are interested and hopefully we can work together soon!
Ryan

wirick181

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
i built the stand out of 2x4s and 2x6s it sturdy as hell just dont really have the tools to wrap it with oak ply

pidge

Angel Fish
othercents;73362 said:
Have you ever built one with magnetic wraps? I would like to be able to take the front panel completely off, but still have doors for typical maintenance.
I have not. I would not recommend it though as the wood will tend to warp in time and pull away from the magnets. My lfs has the same basic thing, and the wood has totally warped and the panel doesnt even stay on anymore. I can however build it so you have access to the entire inside of the stand. The stand i built for myself i put doors on all of the sides. The doors themselves were 20" ea on the front of a 48" tank so getting things in and out is very very easy.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Have any pictures of your work?

pidge

Angel Fish
Here is the one i built for myself. The picture is from sept, and my tank looks terrible!

stand and canopy for a 75 peninsula for Aqua Imports

pidge

Angel Fish
othercents;73366 said:
What about removable hinges like my server racks are built? They have a post inside the hinge that I can pull up and release the door.
Either way we can figure something out that will work for you.

pidge

Angel Fish
This is the most recent one that I built. The tank is a 60 gallon hex with led lighting. In the canopy I put a hole and wire system so that she would be able to move the light up and down 3". The picture is pretty crummy, but of course the last time I went out there I for got my camera and had to use my phone