Custom built stands and canopies.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

I love the stand in post # 73 could you pm me so we can talk price on one for a 60x30" tank with no canopy. Painted white.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
This guy does some great work!!! He has done some work for us in the past and hopefully in the future! Thanks Ryan!

pidge

Angel Fish

Not sure if I should post this here or not but I finished a pretty fun project for the ball and chain over Christmas that I think turned out pretty sharp. The truck is made from book matched walnut with 222 hand cut dovetails. The top panel and legs are made from Birdseye maple. The interior is lined with aromatic cedar.

I don't know why but she loves the sap wood!

pidge

Angel Fish

Thanks! It turned out pretty nice. It was really fun to be able to try and pay attention to the slightest details. Like, the legs flare out at the same degree that all the dovetails were cut. And instead of biscuit jointing the miters I decided to make a piece of spline out of the Birdseye that shows through on the ends. Kinda dorky but really fun!!

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
insane! dude. get your company registered, brand trademarked, and start going to furniture trade shows (whatever/wherever those may be).

pidge

Angel Fish

daverf;218424 said:
insane! dude. get your company registered, brand trademarked, and start going to furniture trade shows (whatever/wherever those may be).
Haha. Thanks Dave! I am actually in the process of getting a brand from a company here in town and am trying to get a booth at the boulder creek festival. We'll see though!

Estimate on a stand for a 48x13x21 sized tank? Don't really need anything crazy just functional. Only thing I would like is a space below big enough for a sump 20 gallon/30 gallon in size.

pidge

Angel Fish

The wood in no. 73 is 3/4 birch ply and poplar for edge banding. And I used MDF for the door. With the flush mount doors you don't want any movement and even Baltic birch ply will move a little bit, so I used MDF to prevent that from happening. I'll have to get a price to you tonight but with a stand that small 1" ply is waaaay over kill.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok, great. I'm totally flexible, and open to any recommendation. Final finish will be black.

The tank is specifically an 57G Oceanic Illuminata Rimless Size is 36x18x21"H (includes thickness of glass).

pidge

Angel Fish

Ready for the spray booth. A shaker style stand for a 180. It's made from select alder and is getting a cherry stain. I milled and made everything including all the crown molding.